HSV Forum

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last >>

GEN F hsv Questions thread

Ok instead of making a ton of threads with different questions ill create a main thread where i and others can ask in this thread .
    So ill start by asking how can I make the main screen brighter ? I've noticed mine is too dark in the afternoon to night time I've pushed up the switch to make the dash gauges brighter and noticed it increases the main screen too but it doesn't make it brighter to where I would like . Anyone know if there's another way ? I've looked in settings doesn't seem to be any other options.? Mine is an r8 sv . 2014

It dims because the sensor thinks it is night time, you may notice when driving in the afternoon if you go through a shady area it will go dim, then when you go back into good light it will turn up brighter again.

This is so when you are driving at night it isn't too bright and distracting.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Is there a way to stop the damn horn beeping whenever I close the door ?

Your horn beeps when you close the door? Or when you double lock it?
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by hsv-cigars View Post
    Is there a way to stop the damn horn beeping whenever I close the door ?
    Do you still have a key, maybe the second key inside the car? I'll work on all doors being closed and lights are off
    or on auto! if that is all good you may have a door sensor out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Do you still have a key, maybe the second key inside the car? I'll work on all doors being closed and lights are off
    or on auto! if that is all good you may have a door sensor out.
    When engine is off key in the car I open the door it beeps , with car on I get out the car with key in my pocket close the door it beeps . Thought I turned off key reminder beep it still does it ?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    Your horn beeps when you close the door? Or when you double lock it?
    You can disable that in the Settings menu.

Quote Originally Posted by hsv-cigars View Post
    When engine is off key in the car I open the door it beeps , with car on I get out the car with key in my pocket close the door it beeps . Thought I turned off key reminder beep it still does it ?

Same as the above. It is all in the configurable settings under the "CAR" section IIRC.

Some of the wording is not the best, if you want no notifications at all (car horn) just disable the lot.
    I've just got mine to notify, via beep, if the remote is left in the car when shutting the door.

Turned the rest off

Quote Originally Posted by VFR8 View Post
    You can disable that in the Settings menu.

Same as the above. It is all in the configurable settings under the "CAR" section IIRC.

Some of the wording is not the best, if you want no notifications at all (car horn) just disable the lot.
    I've just got mine to notify, via beep, if the remote is left in the car when shutting the door.

Turned the rest off
    thanks mate think ive got it sorted out now doesnt do it anymore

how are you guys find using pandora and how are you using it ? im using my pocket wifi and my htc sensation xl android . sometimes shows network unavailable ? its sometimes slow . but its good when it is working . track skipping is slow too . i find when i get out of the car i have to reset my internet connection and my bluetooth for it to work again on the screen .
    Last edited by hsv-cigars; 17-01-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Works fine for me, although I use other apps and just stream over bluetooth.

Pandora gets too repetitive over time once it "learns", just keeps playing the same shit.

Thread Information