HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

Question Walkinshaw 507 or Harrop 530 ? Help.

I cannot understand how walkenshaw can get a dam SS to 500 odd KW and r8 to more and only take the GTS to 507 ? Anyone in the know care to explain ?

And also harrop have a 580 pack ? Anyone have any goss on if walkenshaw are realising a limited uber super duper pack for the GTS like they did to the SS and R8.

And advise on weather to get the walky 507 or the harrop 530 ?

Thanks in advance

Never been interested enough to look at the packages but for starters the SS kit would have a bigger blower and the mod list on the GTS would be very minimal. What's the price difference between the two? Fairly substantial I'd imagine. You can get a lot more power out of the LSA if you try

Worst response ever ! I guess not many on here have/are looking to upgrade there gts !

Not much response mate because 507 or 530 in the GTS is just minimal mods way cheaper than 500 odd upgrade in the SS it's not comparable at all.

The SS is a 6L block and the drive train isn't built to handle huge power that's why it's power level is lower
    The R8 is a 6.2L it's package is about $23,000 from memory and includes a 2.3L supercharger
    The GTS already has a supercharger that is 1.9L it's upgrade kit costs less and retains the 1.9L supercharger so it's power output is less.

Thanks for coming, maybe next time you would find the simplest conclusion that I have found within 5 minutes and now laid it out for you. Instead you choose to ask others and didn't do your own research however you were more than happy to come back on to the forum and insult other members.
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 17-12-2014 at 05:01 AM.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    The SS is a 6L block and the drive train isn't built to handle huge power that's why it's power level is lower
    The R8 is a 6.2L it's package is about $23,000 from memory and includes a 2.3L supercharger
    The GTS already has a supercharger that is 1.9L it's upgrade kit costs less and retains the 1.9L supercharger so it's power output is less.

Thanks for coming, maybe next time you would find the simplest conclusion that I have found within 5 minutes and now laid it out for you. Instead you choose to ask others and didn't do your own research however you were more than happy to come back on to the forum and insult other members.

Not insult to state the obvious ? And why would it be an insult for people to not upgrade ? Weird guy.

None the less mr wants to be offended your points while part of the story are not the whole story, I'm wondering why they are not giving us more of an upgrade ? I was thinking maybe some parts of the drive train are already close to maxed ? But I'm not mechanical enough to understand this and don't have time to go to uni. So alas I asked the question on a forum where people have already done the hard yards.

Price isn't an issue for some and we want more power, the same percentage increase as the SS on the gts would be drool material but maybe that's not possible I don't know ?

You asked why or how companies are getting 500kw out of the SS and R8's, which was a straight forward answer if you looked at what each package entails and the pricing.

As the guys have said, 500kw from the GTS is just stage 1, plenty of shops getting a lot more out of the LSA

Jonny you said you had the worst response ever.....I felt this was insulting to the person who gave you a response.

They are not upgrading the power levels in "packages" because these packages maintain driveline warranty.....if you go outside the box on this then you wont have the warranty....which isn't really needed on these levels of modifications anyway and you will make a lot more power, the stock LSA blower is good for about 750rwhp it can make more but a lot more issues occur above this point. The mods to do this are very simple, heads, cam, headers, exhaust, injectors, intake, pulley upgrade.

If you switch to the better 2.3L magnuson heartbeat blower this power level is even higher but the simple mods still remain the same......it's very easy to make more power in a boosted application like this.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Cheers, I hope they do a special package to say 600 kW with warranty that would be epic. We shall see.

With the LSA you dont have to worry about warranty to much as they are really reliable and GTS driveline is bullet proof basically. Like the Harrop 580kw package hasnt got warranty but that wouldnt worry me at all.

Thread Information