HSV Forum

Page 2 of 13 First << 123412 ... Last >>
    going down a 50km/h straight with a WRX right on my tail we came to a large bump in the road and as he slowed to negotiate it I squeezed my car between it and the barricade on the edge. by the time he hit the second large bump and slowed to negotiate it my N/A 1.8lt Astra had opened up a 100m lead in the space of 400m. power and speed don't always win.

Let's set the scene properly.... late afternoon sun setting behind the hills .... I filled the tank with BP98 and cranked her over . . The purr through the plenum and roar of the exhaust were music to my ears...

Off with the handbrake and engaged the blades.... that Greenfield was giving me every one of its 14HP as i cut 3 minutes off my best lap time around the backyard.... So quick, in fact, that i was legs up enjoying a beer 10 minutes before my neighbour finished cutting his lawn..... what a kill!
    HSV Senator 300 - the Classy C4B..

C4B - ETP215s 62cc, Comp 215/223 .601/.609 @111+3, Manley 8.050" 5/16" P/R, Morel Link-bar lifters, Powerbond 25% UDP, 36lb injectors, SLP pump, Rollmaster chain, OTRCAI, T-56 - RipShift, 3.91:1 rear, DiFilippo 1.75" 4-1s, twin 3" st/st cat-back, 3" metal substrate hi-flow cats. AP-Racing 6/4-pots. EFIlive COS3 SD tune.

308rwkW(413rwhp)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389253...lden-commodore

Quote Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
    Let's set the scene properly.... late afternoon sun setting behind the hills .... I filled the tank with BP98 and cranked her over . . The purr through the plenum and roar of the exhaust were music to my ears...

Off with the handbrake and engaged the blades.... that Greenfield was giving me every one of its 14HP as i cut 3 minutes off my best lap time around the backyard.... So quick, in fact, that i was legs up enjoying a beer 10 minutes before my neighbour finished cutting his lawn..... what a kill!
    Ha!!!

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using HSV Forum mobile app
    who's banana you gotta peel to get a 5.9?

1.8L Astra ,that would hose the barina.

Macca If you had that lowered it could be illegal

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    1.8L Astra ,that would hose the barina.
    Unfortunately I had to let it go, couldn't afford the fuel and up keep. Back to driving my daily banger GTS

That's bad luck mate. I now how you feel, just being able to smash a kerb is golden, even parking so u have to climb out the otherside is understated.

Quote Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
    Would have been mad fun setting up a course and racing. We had a Cox back in 2004, from memory it was about the same HP.
    Which reminders me I had an Arrow AX6 with a Rotax 125. That thing was a beast. Had a bunch of mates over drinking back when I was about 20 and the oldies were away. Got it ripping up the leafy streets of Dalkeith. Was mid arvo and school pickup time, looking back suicidal really. That thing was quick to 100.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4
    Water Proof Arrma Kraton on 6S: https://youtu.be/ZZMs7dDCCAY

#21 2001 VX R8 series II
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport
    #771 2010 E2 GTS

Was just reading through a build thread and then watched some of the videos from this guys car, this one is by far the best watch the reaction he gets from the other 2 guys in the Mustang.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thought some of you guys might be interested in this

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Wow thats very clever and no one looking at the plates would be any the wiser.
    But I do wonder how they look at night with headlights on them.
    You wouldn't want the letters disappearing with headlights on them especially if being followed by a police car.

Thread Information