HSV Forum

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last >>

Road Racing Kill Stories

How about we share some racing kill stories......all information is for entertainment purposes only and most likely took place on a race track.

Ok So I was washing the car tonight as it had a few bugs on it from today.
    On the way home I saw a set of headlights approaching from behind really fast, at this point I am thinking it's a cop in a hurry but nope its a white Mitsubishi EVO it looked a lot like this.

So he pulls up beside me, making his teenage fluttering sounds at me....I am like ok no dramas, flick the gear leaver over to sports mode and nail it so he knows I am keen....at this point he was unlikely to be ready so I waited for him to catch back up he pulls up again I hear him down shift into 3rd at 100km/h and then hold his revs.

He then does a 1320 style on me and honks his horn 3 times at which point we both nail it.
    At this point I can hear woosh and pssh coming from his blow off valve.

By the looks and sounds of his car this is going to be a decent race......however from the get go I put lengths on him, by the time I hit 200 he was a football field behind me.

I let him catch up again he holds 3rd gear honks 3 times and away we go again I start putting lengths on him, this time I am thinking how far can I get away from him as I know he is still driving it hard so I let the speedo crack 250 before backing off.....then it took a good minute for him to catch back up at which point he wants a 3rd attempt I let him have it again and beat him again.

Several funny things during this race, my aircon remained on at all times...I was hot no point in switching it off...lol
    I never downshifted to the correct gear for take off I let the car shift back on it's own in sports mode....this probably would have made it even faster had the car been in 3rd...lol

Lastly my car is basically stock, still running the stock air box with a K&N panel filter, granatelli ignition wires, elite catch can.....lol

I am very much looking forward to seeing how the car goes once I put the pulley upgrade on and a few other mods I have planned.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.703 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

The senator was standard, the competitor was a 2013 gsxr600 , the lights go green and its on , he pulled 2 call lengths at 180ks, clawed it back by 220 passed him at 250, backed off and the guys clapping , rolling back to speed look in the mirror and theres a yellow thing coming up real quick, the bike had rolled on 50m in front and the yellow car come by me , the jacks, pulled up the bike , and I was lucky I could hang a right turn off the track

wow that was a close call mick.

I had a similar one when I was young, I had a VL Turbo, I had just finished installing a front mount intercooler and turned up the boost, found someone to race went to a local industrial area known for drag racing.

We lined up I wheel spun 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th...lol he left me for dead and got pulled up, I hooked into the first street I could find, raced back to the start line as my mate and the other guys missus was there picked them up and drove away....called him up from his girl friend and met up with him.

He had P plates fixed correctly on the car and they couldn't get him for racing so they gave him a ticket for no P plates....lol

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

That's using your head ..Taught you a lesson to didn't it, go easy on the throttle until your hooked up, and don't get caught . I was real lucky with that one could have pinged me , there were cars coming the other way and was lucky I could get round when I did or I was gone, good thing all this happened on a track tho lol
    Last edited by mickyinc; 08-12-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Talking about street racing... Can't see this topic lasting.

I was on the track

Quote Originally Posted by VFR8 View Post
    Talking about street racing... Can't see this topic lasting.
    all information is for entertainment purposes only and most likely took place on a race track.

Gee's don't all rush in at once...this is a forum we all run under anonymous names, what you say here can simply be bull shit to see who has the best stories. Unless you are posting a video of yourself doing the racing and your number plate nothing can be done about it.

eg prove the story mick and I both wrote isn't made up and actually took place?.......

Gts still working out gear systems . Our family car so no 100 % stuff hills and heaps of corners wrx right up our arxxx so we changed between track
    and cruise modes powered up on the straight he kept up so i went i nto a corner at 150 would never do that in the whale this thing is like its on rails i moved less than two inches across the road had a heap more fun until the fifth car was a hire car full of back packers
    Cars all over the road so we p ushed ahead/ out of sight. I always had plenty of safety buffer
    But with no comms no medical i was happy to use the speed limits and get away from drivers that were past their limits cars all over the road.
    Heading north back to darwin in the wet we still had cars up our rear visability behind my tyres must have been zero!!
    My fun in the nt will be solo and we can do it under the limit or on the track.
    I now know why so many of you opt for six piston brakes!
    If only i could take the gts to vic and tas next week with us.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 11-12-2014 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spell

I'll keep names and places out of this story due to it being 'sensative'.
    Back in 2004 I owned a VX GTS and I lived in a country town. Some nights when out cruising I would have the odd run with other cars. It was a pretty common thing in town. Well this one late afternoon a young guy pulls up beside me in a VX SS with what looked to be an old smaller spare wheel bolted on the left rear of the car. He also had personalized plates that said Reckless or something. The road ahead was straight for about 400 m or so into a left hand sweeper.
    He reved up and took off. Me being the juvenile took off after him. All was going good and I started rounding him up aggressively through the left hand sweeper at around 180kmh. I looked across as I was going past only to see his car ducking and diving almost out of control due to his car not being able to take the corner. He wasn't backing off. All I could think of was that poor girl is going to die so I braked. He backed off straight away and the car regained its composure. For the next few days I couldn't stop thinking what may have happened if I hadn't braked and how stupid the guy was for holding WOT when his car was in obvious stress.
    The following week he was in another run and again took it to far. This time however he wasn't so lucky. He lost his life not far from where we were the week earlier.
    The towns people erected a cross for him and whenever i drove past it, that later summers afternoon back in '04 comes flooding back.
    E3 Senator SV manual 'Sizzle'

#778 VR Senator
    #578 VX Clubsport
    #094 VX GTS
    #354 VY II R8
    #123 VE E3 Senator

Thread Information