HSV Forum

Page 13 of 13 First << ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    So I never get a chance to give it a little against someone on the street so I drove the GTS all day yesterday.... Nothing
    Went to pick up the daughter from a party last night around 11pm so I decided to take the Golf, excellent choice.... Stopped at the lights for the on ramp onto the M5.....two lanes, me on the inside into a 90' turn then about 200m run into a single lane then onto the motorway. As I sit there another car pulls up on my outside. I see he is nudging forward, hoping to beat me to the single lane.... Switch into sports mode, realising I will have a slow start as it won't kick over until the car moves...... Light goes green and off he goes, I am still sitting there as there is lag in normal Drive...... As I finally start rolling forward he is already turning...... Sport mode kicks in..... I power into the corner and can feel the AWD gripping the road as I keep the foot to the floor...... I pass him 3/4 of the way through the corner..... I can see him struggling with his front wheel drive putting power down and maintaining grip..... By the time we straighten up I am now 2 car lengths ahead and pulling away...... Enter the motorway cruising at 120..... 3 seconds later I am treated to a ricer fly by at full noise..... Chalk up another win for the Golf
    next time try launch control - there is still a second lag from releasing your foot, unless you get a DSG tune

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Even with launch control activated, because I had already stopped it wouldn't work unless I drove a little then activated it.

I don't get any significant lag in sport mode, just an eternity in drive!

On my way to a mates place last night an amg gt merc pulls up next to me.
    Get the green and he's off, once I get off the line I'm away had him half way thru 2nd and was gone absolutely smoked him.
    Pull up to the next set and he's shaking his head, think he thought id cheated.
    Could see him playing with buttons, giving it a rev , ready for next green, knew I had him so lights go green and he's off, I find it hard getting away but once rolling off I go, pulled up to him just as changing to 3rd and passed him going sideways, smoked him even more this time coz he was trying and the 454 shows its colours at higher speeds.
    He didn't look at me the next set of lights lol
    The 80kmph speed limit was not broken during this skirmish
    Last edited by mickyinc; 25-07-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    On my way to a mates place last night an amg gt merc pulls up next to me.
    Get the green and he's off, once I get off the line I'm away had him half way thru 2nd and was gone absolutely smoked him.
    Pull up to the next set and he's shaking his head, think he thought id cheated.
    Could see him playing with buttons, giving it a rev , ready for next green, knew I had him so lights go green and he's off, I find it hard getting away but once rolling off I go, pulled up to him just as changing to 3rd and passed him going sideways, smoked him even more this time coz he was trying and the 454 shows its colours at higher speeds.
    He didn't look at me the next set of lights lol
    The 80kmph speed limit was not broken during this skirmish
    Love it. Keep flying the aussie flag
    Cubes win again.
    Last edited by MATTW427; 25-07-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Thread Information