HSV Forum

Page 2 of 13 First << 123412 ... Last >>
    Thanks Pickles, I thought it only fitting that you gave everyone some history behind this car.

I didn't know that you had owned it until I stumbled across the display board which had your name under a sticker of one of the other owners.

The car is in excellent condition as you say but needs a little freshen up after being in storage for a while. This will be my project for the coming months.

Thanks again for your input, it is a special car, much appreciated.
    What you say will be forgotten someday, what you do will be remembered!

congrats on the new ride mate. she looks like a beauty.

Here you go Pickles....

yes the seats, lol...

Very cool. That's a keeper.
    2014 GenF GTS Nitrate (we'll sort of) 6M

Aahh, You've still got the lithograph,...Good stuff. I had Brock write that for me at a Sandown 500 Race Meeting, in the Pits. I used to do a bit of photography for the promoter, which got me into the pits, and also enabled me to do a few laps around the track with P.B. at race speed in his race car.
    The lithographs were supposed to have been given out with every VL Group A as originally specced by Brock, but when the brown stuff hit the fan, all this changed, and they were relegated to the store room. I was lucky to be able to source a couple of them.
    Martin.

Wheel off, clean and polish, one (1) hour later, wheel back on

Looking very good, as it always used to. The LE Body kit was not easy to get absolutely "right", owing to wear in the moulds to make these parts over the years. Nevertheless, NOTHING is beyond the ability of "JVR", who eventually, as is usual for him, made sure that all was good.
    Haven't seen the seats on this car, I presume they're still good. I never used seat covers, I bought a couple of quality grey "bath sheet" size towels which matched the colour of the grey velour, to keep dirt & wear from the seats. "Bath sheet" size is the one, because they are big enough to drape all over the seat without them being dislodged when you sit in the seat.
    Just had another look at the lithograph, where Brock mentions in the 1st line "Plus 05", which was the Reg. No. of the car, whilst in our possession.
    Pickles.
    Last edited by Pickles; 20-08-2014 at 06:52 PM.

They still look tuff as nails even 28 years on very nice congrats.
    Last edited by blown vy gts; 20-08-2014 at 09:13 PM.

That thing is ridiculous
    Congrats Ben. When's it going in for the nitrate paintwork?

Quote Originally Posted by blown vy gts View Post
    They still look tuff as nails even 28 years on very nice congrats.
    Yep it does, in the condition it's in it even feels like I am back in 1987 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jalepeno View Post
    That thing is ridiculous Congrats Ben. When's it going in for the nitrate paintwork?
    Um not this one, I like the colour (Permanent Red) way too much! Here's a pic of what I have done so far, paint clay bar, corrected, finished, waxed, glazed and waxed again. I am about half way through my detail. I need to know every inch of this car so I know what needs to be done to get it 100%. I am very happy with the results so far

Last edited by Nitrate; 21-08-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Thread Information