HSV Forum

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last >>

Hybrid View

HDT VL SS Group A Plus Pack

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    What you say will be forgotten someday, what you do will be remembered!

A very special thanks to Martin (Pickles) who gave me some great information on this car. His reasons for knowing, well I will let him explain, if he wishes to that is.

and

Graeme (Sniper) who I leaned upon heaps over the last 6-12 months, but in the end I got there, thank you also.

Wow!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Looks like a fantastic example Nitrate. Care to elaborate on the history/finer details of the car?

This car was born 24th November 1986 and is a genuine unrestored unmolested HDT VL SS Group A Plus Pack. It has the HO motor, 3.45 diff and VN Group A brakes. Some other inclusions, sunroof, upgraded stereo (CD stacker in the boot) rear headrests etc. Has about 53000klms on the clock.

I really want to wait now as Martin (Pickles) will be able to elaborate. I want him to have the opportunity as he himself is part of the cars history I will leave it at that......

wow well done on the purchase, the car shares my birthday I'm a little jelly

Quote Originally Posted by RARE SS View Post
    wow well done on the purchase, the car shares my birthday I'm a little jelly
    Thanks mate I'm stoked with it.

Also thanks for the heads up on the A/3 I was considering it just before I found the PP. Cheers....
    Last edited by Nitrate; 12-09-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Hello Mate, I'm very glad you bought "our" car. You have bought the best.
    This car was one of three bought by the Savage bros in 1987. They kept their cars LIKE NEW...and I knew this car from new. Eventually the car was sold to a young man in Preston, who virtually did nothing with it. I viewed the car because a friend of mine was looking for one. The car was like new, so He bought it, then his circumstances changed, & I bought it, because it was still "Like New". It was a genuine Plus Pack & was optioned with the genuine HDT "Improved Output" engine (169 cam & heads) 155RWKW (about the same as VR GTS) from new. I fitted VN Group A Brakes, 3.45 diff, sunroof, velour headlining A & B pillar, brock era Eurovox Stereo (very difficult to source), and I fitted LE body kit, rear venetians etc.
    Brock knew the car well, loved the brakes, said he'd have fitted them if available when he built it! Had a go at him on one occasion,....he was sitting in the car, sideways in the drivers seat with his arse on the bolster,...told him he shouldn't sit on the seat like that, told me the seat could handle it, but moved any way. Great car, great days. Martin.

Forgot!!, Yes, I also fitted the rear head rests, (made X Ashlor), & also had the wheel spokes painted (they go yellow after a while)
    Also had the genuine lithograph, but I don't know whether that's with the car now,...also made up a display board, which I believe is still with the car.
    A few of the owners sinse me have kept in touch with me during their ownership, so I'm glad to be able to pass on what I can about this VERY special car.
    Martin.

Absolutely stunning.
    Previous 2011 VE R8 Maloo Black
    Current 2015 VF GTS Maloo Perfect Blue
    Current 2005 VZ GTO Coupe Turismo Blue with a sun roof an ohlins suspension
    Soon to be 2017 VF GTSR W1 Spitfire Green

Thread Information