HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I would have agreed with you normally but I guess time will tell . . . the info is certainly sketchy but so far Holden have lodged at least 3 new design patents on behalf of HSV . . . and the rumours suggest its for a front facia and 2 new wheel designs
    Do you have the patent numbers?
    They shouldn't be too hard to find if they have made them recently.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Holden have lodged at least 3 new design patents on behalf of HSV . . . and the rumours suggest its for a front facia and 2 new wheel designs
    Possibly for the GTS-R? Two wheel designs would be a bit odd for that though, but perhaps the final choice is still undecided.

From a sales point of view I can see why they'd want to try more lSA models, it if it's true that it's mainly been GTSs they're selling, but wouldn't the result be cannibalising GTS sales for lower margin cars?

I don't see why this couldn't be a good thing. Senatorising the front of the GTS (swap the nostril for the badge and smooth away some of the aggression creases) would really appeal to some people. Just make the GTS with two noses basically. I'd probably combine all the toys or make them no cost options in both. so you can choose to have aggressive or subdued front, GTS or Senator seats, GTS or Senator wing etc etc. all at one price point.
    That may reduce senator sales in favour of the senator styled GTS, but surely that's a good thing?
    A GTS maloo (and even a wagon) could also be interesting but the development work is probably not worthwhile.
    Offering two new noses - one aggressive and one subdued. sounds like a winner to me.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Fiend v1.2.7.

lol . . . the first data about the pending LSA into other cars was 12/7/14 . . . 12 months ago . . .You read it here first . .

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Wont happen for so many reasons.

1. drivetrain in stock form is not built to handle the power - warranty claims left right and center
    2. Manual and Auto gear boxes are built stronger to handle the power of the LSA - warranty claims left right and center
    3. front end design of the GTS is for cooling the powerplant - all other variants would need similar (yes maybe not aftermarket needed but for factory it would be needed)
    4. they wont put something out with the same power as the hero model.

So basically if they want a car that will handle the power and avoid warranty issues it needs the same driveline as the GTS minus the big brakes and MRC........wont happen car will cost lots still. Dropping these 2 options wont save much off the purchase price.

Sounds like someone is stirring the pot.
    Yeah Right . . . sometime I wonder about the experts around here

lol . . . the first data about the pending LSA into other cars was 12/7/14 . . . 12 months ago . . .You read it here first . .
    So have you got your order in for an LSA Maloo Graeme ?

Yeah Right . . . sometime I wonder about the experts around here
    So thoughts on the GTS-R's heart? Still with an LT variant or on the LS9 bandwagon?

well it seems that I was right . . . but I'm surprised there is little or no data on this forum about the next 12 months . . . especially given the info that's around and the 'KNOW ALLS" on the forum that reckon they are "plugged into" Clayton . .

What do you want to know ol mate

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-105 View Post
    What do you want to know ol mate
    Better question is what do you Know ?

Thread Information