HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>
    . .
    Last edited by Sniper; 26-12-2014 at 05:07 PM.

If anyone would hear anything, surely it would be you Graeme
    Sounds just like what the market wants though, must be some surplus of LSA's getting around, may as well use them up!
    Wonder what they'll do with the driveline and cooling, if they'll go to the extreme's of the GTS

if it happens im all for it and all against it at the same time, would be good to have the lsa in some other models but also once its in other models then the GTS becomes a part of the crowd and not as apart from the rest... guess it depends if they go all the way like the GTS or just a engine/gearbox option...

Maybe the MY2015 GTS's could get the LT4, and the LSA's could be an option on the other models?

I'm with 07GTS.
    Before LSA came along most people said GTS was not the hero car any more,...it was just the same as other models, & it needed a better engine to be a "GTS",....and I agree with that.
    Making the LSA a sort of main stream engine would be taking away the "aura" that is now GTS,...IMHO.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I'm with 07GTS.
    Before LSA came along most people said GTS was not the hero car any more,...it was just the same as other models, & it needed a better engine to be a "GTS",....and I agree with that.
    Making the LSA a sort of main stream engine would be taking away the "aura" that is now GTS,...IMHO.
    Pickles.
    Agreed . . . but Holden/HSV just want to sell cars . . . in hindsight a 400kw Senator and Maloo from the start would have been the way to go with the GTS having the 430 . . . and that would have been pretty straight forward to detuned/engineer
    Having said that, a LSA Maloo could easily have my name on it . . . I've had 9 Maloos over the years so I guess I'm an addict

Wont happen for so many reasons.

1. drivetrain in stock form is not built to handle the power - warranty claims left right and center
    2. Manual and Auto gear boxes are built stronger to handle the power of the LSA - warranty claims left right and center
    3. front end design of the GTS is for cooling the powerplant - all other variants would need similar (yes maybe not aftermarket needed but for factory it would be needed)
    4. they wont put something out with the same power as the hero model.

So basically if they want a car that will handle the power and avoid warranty issues it needs the same driveline as the GTS minus the big brakes and MRC........wont happen car will cost lots still. Dropping these 2 options wont save much off the purchase price.

Sounds like someone is stirring the pot.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Wont happen for so many reasons.

Sounds like someone is stirring the pot.
    Watch this space . . . there are one interesting design registrations pending!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Watch this space . . . there are one interesting design registrations pending!!!!!
    i'll be highly surprised Graeme if it happens

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    i'll be highly surprised Graeme if it happens
    I would have agreed with you normally but I guess time will tell . . . the info is certainly sketchy but so far Holden have lodged at least 3 new design patents on behalf of HSV . . . and the rumours suggest its for a front facia and 2 new wheel designs

Thread Information