HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

HSV Coupe - Rare & Collectable

Just by the numbers , the Coupe will ultimately become a Collectable and Desirable purchase . . . with the GTS Coupe being a nice piece of Tech
    Looking at the market, its certainly the model that is retaining better value and a couple have caught my attention this morning . . . a Red Series 1 GTS with 2000ks for $90k in Albury and a series 3 Black example wih 40000ks for good money . . .
    Is anyone in the market for a good Coupe . . . and if you have one . . . Tell us about it!

I've been telling this to my old man for a while now, trying to convince him to bite the bullet on a black vz gto manual

magnificent looking cars they are
    2000 VX Clubsport Manual in Storm - Build 007

I was tossing up between the E3 GTS and a GTOLE.
    LE kept going up and moved out of my price range unfortunately!

Will be interested in this thread, I have a Series 3 2003 GTO, bought it when it was a couple of years olds, only bought it to be able to avoid driving my Walky to club events, then as usual it got relegated to the shed. I spent considerable time searching for a prefect example, only reason I didn't buy a new model at the time was simply $. Driven in the rain once, 30 000k's and kept just as it rolled off the showroom floor, seems the series 3's are thin on the ground. Not a 6L but has a boot and is a very nice cruiser. Pickles can comment, he's seen the car a couple of times.

http://www.hsv.com.au/news/vy2pressR...%20Release.pdf

http://ndma.info/WSCMConfig/GalleryImages/Img347.jpg

Cheer

WalkySA

You are on the money mate. IMHO, a VZ GTO is a better car than a GTS, and the LS2 is a better engine than the C4B.
    Graeme, $90K for a Series 1 GTS, mate, you wouldn't pay anywhere near that sort of money for that car. You didn't get where you are by making financial decisions like that!! Around 50% of that price is more like it.
    For sure, some dreamers ask "dreamers money", but they sure ain't getting any of my "hard earned".
    If ya're talking Coupes, the best potential as a future collectable, by a country mile, is,......Coupe 4.
    Pickles.

HSV Coupe - Rare & Collectable

The Coupe 4 and the last of the Coupes are my favourite story when it's time for a "what will be collectible" discussion with mates!

I remember the magazine reviews absolutely RUBBISHING the Coupe 4 when it launched. It had the 5.7 when the rest of the range had moved to the LS2, so it was down on power, had squished headers to fit the front drive shafts, and was only available in auto. Basically they canned it and said you'd be much better off with a Clubsport.

The last of the Coupes I remember sitting in dealers next to VE's and taking forever to sell. One particular dealer I used to drive past all the time (at St Leonards) had an LE there for eternity, I bet it sold cheap in the end!

And now, here we are discussing how these are the most collectible cars of all, perhaps in part BECAUSE they were a little unloved at the time, so not many sold? Makes me thing a smart buy today might be the last of the FPV F6!

Anyway FWIW I would always prefer a GTS Coupe to the GTO. I know the C4B had it's issues, but they're fixable and it sure is uniqueue, as is a lot of other stuff on them. I'd put the Coupe 4 at the top of the list though, always wanted one of those. Being a Subaru owner for a long time I guess I still have a soft spot for an AWD!

If ya're talking Coupes, the best potential as a future collectable, by a country mile, is,......Coupe 4.
    Pickles.[/QUOTE]

Agree with all said Pickles, VZ GTO is way to go as far as refinements, but collectablilty, Coupe 4 as 1, then Signature GTS and LE's in no particular order, when searching you'll find some very rare combinations within each series, not sure if those will make them collectible though i.e one manual LE series three was built in ultra violet, while mines not an overly dersirable or collectible model its only one of 8 series #'s with red on red. I think the GTS badge makes the GTS top of the coupe tree, even if they do have some fixable issues.

WalkySA

I'm happy with my gto...has a bit of history as stated by andrew purcell...i'm 64 so i won't be around to see big dollars but maybe someone in the family might
    Attached Images

V2 GTS coupe hands down. I love that car. Others may have more torque (LS2 GTO) or AWD with coupe4 but there is something special about those 3 letters (GTS) on the first HSV V8 coupe.

I think the original VX version is the nicest, since the outside of the car is some what rounded the VX dash suits the car body, when they went with the VZ more square style dash it just doesn't suit the roundness of the car....personal opinion there though.

The one thing i did like about the VZ upward version was the petrol cap location and the dual exit exhaust tips.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Thread Information