HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCFR View Post
    You have sparked my interest in one statement here Pickles. I have a VL Group A (379) that has a visor apparently signed by Bev Brock. I didn't give the rumour much that she signed a couple of cars, but curosity has hit me.
    Bev accompanied Peter on many occasions, I reckon she signed almost as much stuff as Brock did, and she knew almost as much as to what was going on as he did. Getting both of them to sign was a good idea IMHO.
    Pickles.

Thanks mate. Thought that was the case. Cheers
    VFII Clubsport
    VL SS Polorised Brock #379

Ok I have some more info for you.
    The build number is #1005
    It is a 308 blue motor stroked to a 383 and it has 308 stamped on both sides of the block (apparently that's unusual)
    It come with centura wheels originally but it had irmscher wheels on it when my father brought it.
    It has the high output steering wheel (red)
    signed Peter Brock sterio and amp
    Peter Brock signed dash
    Cobra alarm
    The interior is red and the car is alabaster white.
    I asked him if I could take a picture of the build sheet (witch he has) but he is reluctant to let me post it on here.
    As I said before I'm working away at the moment but I will get some pictures ASAP.
    Last edited by 11MALOOR8; 28-05-2014 at 07:53 PM.

According to the Brock "Bible" of build numbers it's listed as group 3 5.0 was original sold through Beazley and Bruce Holden dealer which is in Canberra they might be worth a try as I'm sure someone there would recall a special build like this. I will have a look and see if I have any info on the car on my hard drive.

I just can't see them doing a 383 back in those days. It's extremely difficult to clearance the early blocks to fit the 383 rotating assembly in without punching a hole in the water jackets. Most engine builders will grout fill the bottom half of the block. This then leads to a very tempremental cooling system, especially for street car. A 355 or thereabouts would be much easier but we shall see as more info comes to hand.

I can recall a conversation with Brock about the 383 I the VL Era . . . it was definately post the Holden Era . . . I think it was already in a car at the time but I cannot recall enough of the data to be 100%

Brock was trying all sorts of initiatives in the first half of 87 in an attempt to stay in the market - this was certainly one of his brainwaves that didn't get to become a production item . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 11MALOOR8 View Post
    Ok I have some more info for you.
    The build number is #1005
    It is a 308 blue motor stroked to a 383 and it has 308 stamped on both sides of the block (apparently that's unusual)
    It come with centura wheels originally but it had irmscher wheels on it when my father brought it.
    It has the high output steering wheel (red)
    signed Peter Brock sterio and amp
    Peter Brock signed dash
    Cobra alarm
    The interior is red and the car is alabaster white.
    I asked him if I could take a picture of the build sheet (witch he has) but he is reluctant to let me post it on here.
    As I said before I'm working away at the moment but I will get some pictures ASAP.
    Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Hi Maloo. I'm curious to know if you found out any definitive info about your Dad's car? The description of the car matches one that I knew of in the 1980's. ACT rego was YPA210 but this wasn't the original rego number. This rego number would have an issue date of about mid 1984. The owner was a customer of mine and he kindly drove it for my wedding. I have some video of it and could attach a photo but it doesn't look like my settings here allow me to do attachments.

Cheers
    Last edited by Artie; 05-12-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Thread Information