HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

VH Group 3 SS Brock commodore.

Hi all

You see a lot of people obsessing over the old vk and vl Brock's but I never seem to see hear or read about Any of the old vh's are they not a popular or desirable model?

I only ask because my old man has a VH SS group 3 and is only one of 3 made (Apparently) that come with a 383 from factory. Supposably they made 3 one for John Harvey, Larry Perkins and Peter Brock. One in red one in black and one in white.

My old man has the one in white and has had this for as long as I can remember! It only has 90000 on the clock and looks like its straight out of the showroom! It used to belong to John Harvey according to the book and paperwork. All the HDT plates for it are not attached to the vehicle and thats how they come (apparently) and are under lock and key.

What I want to know is is there any truth to this story? I can't find any literature on it anywhere but from what I have seen of the car and the paperwork it looks legit! Anyone that has any knowledge on the old VH I'd love to hear from you!

You will get your answer soon mate, many on here, as per the other thread, that know their HDT stuff.

Sounds like a very special car

Real name Brady

SV6000 #0024

Quote Originally Posted by Strick View Post
    You will get your answer soon mate, many on here, as per the other thread, that know their HDT stuff.

Sounds like a very special car
    Mate the car is in perfect condition! I honestly think it belongs in a museum for people to see! Not locked up in a garage under a cover!

I don't think what you're saying is correct.
    What is the build number of your car. As far as I'm concerned, HDT never built any 383 motors.
    What peperwork do you have? Do you have the original HDT build sheets? If so, put up the paperwork, & we'll see what we can see.
    If you do not wish to disclose any info on this site, just give your build number to HDT, & they should be able to help you.
    Anyway, put up a few pics of the car, interior, engine bay etc etc, & the build papers, I'm always happy to be proven wrong!
    Pickles.

Id be more than happy to get all the info I can. I'm currently working away in Melbourne at the moment but when I'm home I will gladly upload what I can.
    All I know about the car is what I have mentioned already. I wish it was my car! Haha but the car belongs to my father, hopefully in years to come it will be mine!

But I will get some pictures up ASAP!

I would love to see some pictures if possible. I have never heard or read of a 383 ( 6.3 litre ) in a VH before, just the 5.8 stroker option that was only for selected customers. And do remember reading of one with a chev 350 in it, never seen it though. Being John Harvey's car it may have had more than the standard car but as I said would have to see pics. With HDT cars there are plenty of myths about these cars, do you have any paperwork to confirm it. Not saying at all it isn't, as anything was possible in them days. Or a built sheet which all cars had in the build process as to what member of staff fitted what and the options for that car ? You can get this info from HDT today if you supply some id numbers that correspond with there info.
    Also the VH Group 3 was only offered in 2 colours marenello red and alabaster white, with some of the later vh's were built in alpine white. There was no black cars, there could have been a black car in the VH ADP cars but don't recall one. You are correct that there was no build tag until cars built in 84, but owners could purchase on from HDT.

The 5.8 motor was the biggest motor I know of in VH. With other variations in VH Group 3 offered being a 253 ( rare ) the standard 5.0 and the 5.0 High output option. HDT did also offered a 5.6 litre motor in the VL's and a one off white VL Sport built which had a 6.0 litre motor fitted by the factory. See picture and add below

Hope this helps you out mate.

I have never heard of it ether, i mean im not very knowledgeable when it comes to the HDT stuff but I have known the car my hole life and my old man has the paperwork and the build tag with the original manual locked away.
    Unfortunately I'm away with work at the moment and am not due home for a few weeks.
    But follow this thread, I will definitely get back to you with what I can!

sounds like a beauty mate. can't wait to see some pics.

Well mate, I hope you have found an "unknown/forgotten" treasure, but I don't think so.
    Harvey is a personal friend of mine & he's never mentioned a car like this to me.
    Anyone that is familiar with some of the "myths" surrounding HDT will know of these unusual/special/ Brock's own car/Bev's car/ larry Perkins engine, etc etc etc that have come up over the years. None have been proven to be true.
    All of the "special" cars are very well known, they were known at the time of their build, I mean there was only 4246 of them over 7 yrs, so there's not many. We all knew about anything special, and most featured in motoring periodicals, etc etc.
    However, I will await build number, photos, paperwork etc.
    Pickles.

You have sparked my interest in one statement here Pickles. I have a VL Group A (379) that has a visor apparently signed by Bev Brock. I didn't give the rumour much that she signed a couple of cars, but curosity has hit me.
    VFII Clubsport
    VL SS Polorised Brock #379

Thread Information