HSV Forum

Page 3 of 7 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    It would be perfectly drivable on the weekend IMO, just not economical. Plus E85 isn't available everywhere so you may have issues there... That's where multiple tunes for different fuels are gold.
    I've seen 9 and 10 second drag cars cruising round with chutes on the back but I guess everyone's version of streetable is different. 1000rwhp is like the 300rwhp of years ago

Main reason I would have a dedicated track car is more for reliability. If something breaks, you don't need it fixed by the morning to get to work!

Quote Originally Posted by bosscocky View Post
    Which makes me think....when does a car become to much for the street and more suited to the track ? Can this car be driven on the weekend cruise or is it beyond that ? Would it be better to have a street car and a car for the track ? I don't know, that's why I ask......
    The drivability as a street car is not an issue. it's still got the A6 in it and is as smooth as anything. Flip the switch on the bimodals and she sounds like a V6 as long as the revs are below 3,500. She only gets angry, and extremely quickly at that too, when you stick the jandal in. I drive it to work, shops, everywhere. Fuel is an issue though as it just chews though it so quickly but the United Petroleum app lets me find the nearest e85 outlet quickly. I suppose a $500 shitter would be cheaper for work but for now she is a daily.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

jandal.... really I didn't know u were kiwi

So, the trans is back in and has been road tuned. Frank sent the stall back to TCE to get split and fully cleaned out just incase there was anything nasty in there from the shop box he loaned me. Talk about looking out for you.
    All that's needed now is a couple of thousand km of break-in then it's back to Luis Sola to get tuned on the dyno. After that....straight to Calder Park Drag Racing or Heathcote...which ever is open first. Feels so much better than the old box and I can't wait 'till it's run in and I can give it a good jandal full. Once again wrapped with the service from all the boys at APS SERVICE CENTRE FRANKSTON....great job.
    Only issue now is the bloody front bar. Will be taking it to Advanced Plastic Repair. Dave has been doing these for over 15 years and is the only one capable of Urethane repairs. After seeing the pics he is confident the job will be bang up. Pricing is most reasonable too. Will keep you all posted as it develops.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

Love ya work stewie..!

Lol. Yu me and Sarge....road trip to Cooma bro?
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

hows the pump booster going.. back to full rpm now...?

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    hows the pump booster going.. back to full rpm now...?
    Going to fit it when we do the final dyno tune of the trans. No point doing it no as we can't push the trans on the dyno. Will let you know but it will do it's job I'm sure.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

Jesus, you weren't messing about...... Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewiecasserole View Post
    Lol. Yu me and Sarge....road trip to Cooma bro?
    Damn straight shaga...!

Thread Information