HSV Forum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last >>

So this just happened

Been a while sports fans. Been busy working, chilling, clowning around...oh yeah...and doing a couple of wee mods to the Whale. In a nut shell.....
    • 2300 FDFI blower
    • The first ever Harrop OTR for the FDFI blowers
    • Howards 226/232 @ 115 cam
    • HM 1 7/8ths headers with a custom collector
    • Rollmaster single timing chain
    • APR head stud kit
    • Harrop 8 rib pulley kit
    • Milled heads
    • Some springy bits
    • 1000cc injectors
    • Twin Walbro fuel pumps
    • Harrop Trurac diff centre
    • 3.4 diff gears
    • Custom (and I mean custom) TCE 2700 stall
    • 200 cell Outlaw cats mounted half length
    • 3" stainless HM system
    • HM bimodals
    • Walky tips
    • ApexSpeed Motorsports catch can
    • Custom CDF coil pack brackets
    • Valve covers and throttle body HPC coated black
    • Hydraulic lifters
    • MSD programable fuel pump controller (system running at 99.74% at 5,500rpm - will be set to kick in and boost that fuel shit at 5,000rpm to squeeze that last gasp out of her)
    • New left rear hub and bearing (old one was rooted beyond belief - hangover from Shep me thinks - lol)
    • Replacing right rear wheel bearing on Thursday and maybe ( but hoping not) the hub as well as it has shit a brick.
    • Ecliptech Shift-i shift lights in blue to red (mad bit of gear this - so adjustable - look it up on You Tube).
    • Set of old school Boyd Coddington rims. 17"x10" and 17"x11". Only using the 10's wrapped in MT ET Streets 275/40R17's for the rears on the track (might go mini tubs/guard pulling to get the 11's on the rear and 10's on the front later).
    • Transmission - blew the old one up on the first day out of the shop but that's cool as it was fvcked anyway. Shop lent me a spare while the old one gets rebuilt tougher - should be back in a week or so - they had just finished milling the new shaft last week.
    • Swapping out the HSV rear callipers for a set of SSV's that I picked up for a song - straight off a new SSV that went straight to Walky's for a brake upgrade and some other sh1t.
    • Pulled the twin 12" sub box out of the boot the other day and am replacing it with an infinite baffle setup that can be pulled out in a minute or two to get the weight down for the track.
    • All work has been done by the boys at APS Service Centre in Frankston and tuned by Luis Sola.
    • Oh yeah....running e85 too.......smells like a fvcking distillery at the lights...love it.
    • Shut down APS's dyno on torque and Luis snuck her past to get a pull of 654rwhp - torque unknown.
    • Went to Harrop's with fullBOOST, shut their dyno down on the first pull.
    • Recalibrated and pulled 750rhhp and 1,260Nm

As soon as the trans is back in it's straight to Calder. Heathcote is on the cards to and definitely taking her to Temora and Cooma for the 1000m sprints if I get a spot.
    Thats about it. Enjoy the vid.
    Last edited by Stewiecasserole; 08-04-2014 at 12:50 AM.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

Very nice Stew, been wondering what you've been up too. Bet that's a joy to drive!
    What are your oil temps like Stew when you give it beans?
    Last edited by Audi; 08-04-2014 at 12:35 AM.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4
    Water Proof Arrma Kraton on 6S: https://youtu.be/ZZMs7dDCCAY

#21 2001 VX R8 series II
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport
    #771 2010 E2 GTS

Yup, that whale is quite a creature!!! was great to go for a drive the other week!!!

Back to one HSV in the shed... But its a Gen F GTS so I arent complaining!!

Yeah and when he says "go for a drive" he means he got to take it for a rip. Too modest bro. She's something else to drive Audi....joy don't do it justice. Thing just pulls so hard and so quick. It's sitting on 13psi but they put the small pulley on first up when we swapped to the 8 rib kit. Made 16psi but just light the rears up so quick.....good to know that there is that pulley sitting in the glove box.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

Not sure on the oil temp Audi.....I run Dash Command through an iPad but to be honest I don't even know if it picks up oil temp....I've been keeping an eye on intake temps, boost (which is just a constant 13 lol - such a flat curve once it's on), coolant.....just more money if I need a cooler.....thanks for reminding me.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

Ah cool, was just interested as there been a bit of debate lately about temps on the VF's when tracked.
    Are you using it as your daily drive? Look forward to some track videos soon.
    Last edited by Audi; 08-04-2014 at 01:02 AM.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4
    Water Proof Arrma Kraton on 6S: https://youtu.be/ZZMs7dDCCAY

#21 2001 VX R8 series II
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport
    #771 2010 E2 GTS

The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    Ah cool, was just interested as there been a bit of debate lately about temps on the VF's when tracked.
    Are you using it as your daily drive? Look forward to some track videos soon.
    Yep....take her to work every day. Yet to track her but I know what your on about. It will be monitored one way or the other. I've got a better app that only works on the iPhone...gotta check that out for oil temp.

Vids will be posted as soon as I go to the track. HSV Owner's Club Dyno day this Sat at APS...will get some vids up of those pulls.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

So this just happened

Lmao, should send the second last pic to Virg, as usually when he talks it feels like the system needs to be shut down!
    Just change the word 'machine' to 'forum'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by moray066; 08-04-2014 at 01:21 AM.
    When enough just isn't enough!

Great results! Must be an absolute weapon!
    Do you know what's being done to the box to handle the power/torque?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When enough just isn't enough!

Thread Information