HSV Forum

Page 3 of 35 First << 1234513 ... Last >>

Thread: Vf gtsr

A bit off track here but if this is a last effort from HSV
    I'm keen on a family car with go, the GTS does that, but misses a lot of smaller bits: DVD's
    auto dip mirrors and so on.

a better engine option for the grange and or senator say 380kws
    a few carbon bits or just push the VF GTS over to the Senator
    and do all the updates to 100 GTS
    lights paddles are no big deal for me waiting 6 months is NOT an option red is fine and must be an auto
    in saying that I would still look at this model
    great to here HSV is thinking of options all the way to the end of the VF and then on to the imports.
    Cheers Andrew NT

Quote Originally Posted by VFR8 View Post
    Ha ha nah I'm done with that and really cbf'd with it anymore. I don't want one ever again.

No help after 3 weeks of emailing so I'll just vote with my business and never buy another HSV.

Saw over 120c today in moderate traffic, bad bad bad.
    You mention engine temp at 120c, our granges have sat on 107/108c
    but towing a small trailer doing 100km-120km we went up to 128c on several days
    all other temps were fine and it was 38-45c perth to Darwin so is 120c a bad thing? just asking
    and would a higher grade oil help?
    cheers
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 26-03-2014 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added a few c's and km's

If hsv are looking at the thread can they chime in and comment

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

i would be looking at this also
    But for me it would need to have something more unique since its the last of the last.
    Red, ummm NO, but would probably wrap it if only red available, maybe introduce a 1 off colour like the walkinshaw blue
    HUD would be good, giant brakes, an OTRCAI, an upgraded sound system maybe in partnership with Alpine or another reputable brand, some nice little carbon fibre touches and 19 inch wheels not 20's.
    Then i might think about trading the GTO in on one
    "skiing is for little FAT kids"

I guess it's a case of trying to imagine what they can do in the parameters of ADR and Holden/GM Powertrain requirements . . . I think a "power up" possibility might be off the radar as the LSA is a "locked in" Powertrain as is . . . and the possibility of the LS9 is off the radar due to the fact that there are no longer any vehicles built with that option . . . but it would be good!!

They should be able to engineer HID into the package as well as paddles on the Auto . . . Trick 19's or 20's are go - but I think they will be 20 with a semi slick type tyre - I should google Continental to see what they have - the 20's on the R35 GTR are pretty good and look horn in their semi slick form - for me, the tyre choice is important to give the GTSR cred

I can't see an OTR due to the location of the intake/throttle body angle!!

As for colour - I hope they take note of your comments

I see no reason by they cannot tap into the nice goodies on the Z28 inc the brakes . . . the more I think about it the more I think they can pull this off in a nice format at a $100k price . . .

I can't see a weight reduction sadly unless they delet air on and stuff like that and Holden wouldn't build the core vehicle without Air . . .

If Holden knock this project on the head, I think HSV will try to get a package similar to the Z51 but that won't work for me!

If its over $100 . . . it will need a bonnet and plenty of "real" carbon . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Trick 19's or 20's are go - but I think they will be 20 with a semi slick type tyre - I should google Continental to see what they have - the 20's on the R35 GTR are pretty good and look horn in their semi slick form - for me, the tyre choice is important to give the GTSR cred
    R35s have a RFT Bridgestone or Dunlop (depending on year). Not a semi comp even in the 'track pack' that O/S can get.
    Most guys if they are going a 20" semi - putting on Toyo R888s, long lasting on a heavy car.

GM put the Trofeo on the Z28, very soft semi. A R888 will give longer life no doubt about it. Weight of a GTS-R will also then play a factor as 1700kg on a Trofeo is one thing, 1900kg is another.

Plenty of weight in the seats as a starting point, same as most cars that turf the luxury for the performance.

. . . Calling the R35 Tyres "semi - slick" is probably wrong - however, I feel they are a better outright performance tyre with more rubber and less tread to suit the GTSR if it happens

Oh yeah they are better than the ContiSport 5P without a doubt, but that is mainly due to the very good sidewall as a result of being a RFT.

Mine are already solidly chewed out in 4 weeks lol, they aren't going to last. Friend has the ContiSport 3s, same issue - just chewing out the loaded front tyre. He has had the RFTs before and is probably going back to them after the Conti's die (which wont be long lol).

So that's certainly something for them to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I guess it's a case of trying to imagine what they can do in the parameters of ADR and Holden/GM Powertrain requirements . . . I think a "power up" possibility might be off the radar as the LSA is a "locked in" Powertrain as is . . . and the possibility of the LS9 is off the radar due to the fact that there are no longer any vehicles built with that option . . . but it would be good!!
    What do yo mean by locked in?
    the ZR1 has the LS9 in it...i think they still make that car and GM do sell the LS9 as a crate motor to the after market so it is available. If it's still got the LSA in it, it's just a VF GTS with a body kit and some bling it needs the LS9.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I refer to "locked in" as the KW number developed by GM for that Engine Combo . . . the LS engine range is done and dusted in the GM world as a future Powertrain

Sure it's possible to increase the 430KW but would GM sign off on that development - I don hink so but would be happy to be wrong

The LT1 is where it's and GM will introduce a S/C version of that engine in the next 3 months

The LS9 in the Vette is finished as the Vette is currently only available in N/A form whilst GM gets ready to introduce the next variant with a S/C LTI . . .

From August 2015 onwards no GM passenger car will have an LS variant . . . It will be LT1 or the next Gen V6 . . . the next Camaro will have 3 engine variants . . Or more inc the V6, LT1 & SC LT1 which we will get in OZ

Thread Information