HSV Forum

Page 2 of 35 First << 123412 ... Last >>

Thread: Vf gtsr

Hi put me down for one .

Would only take a red one as a last choice.
    It must have more power than the VF !! Not just a few little add ons.
    Other wise it will fall flat

early 2015 is good timing for me.

a nominal increase in power is a must, 20KW, you can't have it the same as the normal GTS.
    definitely black as well, black is much better than red. I wouldn't be interested at all in a red one
    one inch smaller steering wheel
    and I wish they used the old E series side vents in general for the Gen-f, so bring those back, or a derivative.
    115K drive away.
    make the normal setting for the mag ride the sports setting, and the sport setting much firmer.
    definitely chuck in recaros, carbon brakes might push the price to high though?
    Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual

The ls9 is 475kw

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.703 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I Just Want One.

Thanks for the info Sniper.
    Not a fan of red personally though, but not a deal breaker.
    Last edited by Audi; 26-03-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4
    Water Proof Arrma Kraton on 6S: https://youtu.be/ZZMs7dDCCAY

#21 2001 VX R8 series II
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport
    #771 2010 E2 GTS

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on an approved roll cage?
    That'd mean a car made by HSV would actually be reliable and 'track tested' enough to do, wait for it, actually do track days like their advertising suggests.

I actually lol'd. That will never be the case based on my dealings with my VF.

Best you can hope for is a high powered traffic light warrior that might not overheat in said traffic

Quote Originally Posted by VFR8 View Post
    That'd mean a car made by HSV would actually be reliable and 'track tested' enough to do, wait for it, actually do track days like their advertising suggests.

I actually lol'd. That will never be the case based on my dealings with my VF.

Best you can hope for is a high powered traffic light warrior that might not overheat in said traffic
    Just get an oil cooler...lol
    You could have had this sorted by now....and i know your going to say but they said it's a track capable car.....well umm it's a spirited car....haha get that oil cooler you will be much happier. The R8 is good it just needs a couple of things to make it a little better. Im sure other than that you are pretty happy with it.

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Pollution laws suck imagine if HSV said tell us what you want and we will build it......man there would be a 427 twin turbo or supercharged thing in the car from the get go, it would weigh 1500kg and most of the car would be carbon fiber...lol

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Just get an oil cooler...lol
    You could have had this sorted by now....and i know your going to say but they said it's a track capable car.....well umm it's a spirited car....haha get that oil cooler you will be much happier. The R8 is good it just needs a couple of things to make it a little better. Im sure other than that you are pretty happy with it.
    Ha ha nah I'm done with that and really cbf'd with it anymore. I don't want one ever again.

No help after 3 weeks of emailing so I'll just vote with my business and never buy another HSV.

Saw over 120c today in moderate traffic, bad bad bad.
    Last edited by VFR8; 26-03-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I've already been advised that they will be watching this thread closely . . there is not much time to "sign off" if it actually gets signed off at all???

If any on here are genuine buyers of the "last of the last" which should be the "best of the best" post up your wish list as it "may" make a difference

Oil coolers & colours are a start guys . . . but if there is anything else you want - tell them on here!!
    Wellll.... the E3 is up shortly..... Hmmmm Perfect blue is more my colour though

I would definitely upgrade from my current GTS. Not sure about red only but if the car was awesome (a real track car) then probably wouldn't end up a deal breaker. Must have more power than the standard GTS - supercharged, big brakes, race seats, 10"-12" wheels, no overheating problems, roll cage would be great, auto with paddles. Oh, I can imagine something completely awesome and I want it.

Thread Information