HSV Forum

Page 40 of 40 First << ... 30383940

Thread: Vf gtsr

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Dealers aren't fools and the last thing they want to do is flood a sales website with extras that will drive the price down .... a lot of ppl are hoping the current ones advertised will dissapear soon so more can get added .... there is only 90 GTSRs on there as well but there are a lot more in Dealer stock and heading to dealers now and over the next 4 weeks - unsold ...
    Good to see ya back mate.
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

What are their hopes come 2018? Still try and flog them off at a higher price because there's no more being made or drop the price because they're last year's model?

other than some blacked out bits and some subtle badges.... what differences were there between the 2016 gts and a 2017 gts that commands the price of 115k again?

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    What are their hopes come 2018? Still try and flog them off at a higher price because there's no more being made or drop the price because they're last year's model?
    There are are few scenarios ... some large dealer groups like AHG and AP Eagers have the strength to hold out if that's their mindset, however ... Holden are about to stuff 6000 Astras into dealers that they really don't want and really can't sell due to Holdens own incompetance so when you look at the picture sensibly the GTSR range has probably been over sold and over produced by 20% and that volume of cars will still be in Dealer stock well into January - the 2017 plate thing only creates problems when large fleets and Govt depts demand cars no older than 3 months and for my thinking the 17 plates will have no baring whatsoever on the GTSR's success in the market .... but your not silly .... they already had 11 months of 2017 to sell them and for all intensive purposes they have now hit the wall and that 20% over volume is about to haunt them .... HSV will be hoping all cars are gone by march so they get a good receptive response to their 2018 offerings when announced ... there are a few buyers of the GTSR still poking around but not many and not enough to sell all the stock still in dealers and still being built .... it's an interesting time to sit back and watch where all this is going .... and see if HSV really got it right in a numbers sense .... but some mistakes are already surfacing in their product mix as the remaining cars are already showing .... mid January will be a good time to begin your shopping I think .... and the RRP on the W1 was pretty right but the RRP on the normal GTSR which is really nothing much better than the LSA clubsport is $10k overpriced .... and that will prove true in the end
    Last edited by Sniper; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:10 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Listen to Graeme, he speaks the truth! Dealers are filthy over the Astra numbers and have no idea how the hell they will move them.
    January will be the interesting month and March will be desperation time!
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    Listen to Graeme, he speaks the truth! Dealers are filthy over the Astra numbers and have no idea how the hell they will move them.
    January will be the interesting month and March will be desperation time!
    Sorry I'm away too much what is this Astra numbers problem? Are they classed as MY17's
    We are looking at a car change, and I will be away, and want the HSV locked up, so a $20grand Astra
    could be a great option, I've driven a few over the last couple of month, no power, but I'm used to 5 times the kws, less that
    they were a quiet, smooth and cheap to run, my only Astra purchase was a 2000 model and labelled the: "poor mans BMW" or smart persons second car!
    Cheers
    The GTSR in white shows off the new changes to the bumpers and bonnet vents, I think they look great.

Just popped in the local GMH to look at the Astra, the Captiva looks too big, the astra 5 door auto R looks okay 17inch tyres a bit over the top.
    What i did see is some big discounts on the 2016 GTS stock, I guess they will be hard to sell once 2018 arrives.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Sorry I'm away too much what is this Astra numbers problem? Are they classed as MY17's.
    All the Astras are 17's Andrew.... the problem with the Astra started back at the release when Holden had 90% of cars available as manual and overpriced so after a unique marketing campaign (I'd drive that car) which was quite clever, the punters flowed into dealerships and left with dissapointment both that it was too dear and unavailable to buy on the day in Auto .... from there Holden had already ordered large volumes from Opel to meet their expected demand and Opels expected volume but when the cars sales didn't fire the stock went up at a rapid rate and still is messy ..... they are selling less than 1000 per month compared with the new i30 and the Mazda 3 and Corolla are still selling at approx 3000 per month .... so here we are at the end of November and dealers are carrying about 2000 Astras and Holden had 6000 on grass with more coming - which is 8 months stock - so as a consequence, Holden in their wisdom have decided to shove the stock into dealers at a reduced rate and tear them up but the problem for dealers is their finance floor plan exposure which will ultimately make all dealers with on the limit of their floorplan or over the limit floorplans sell anything they can .... so whatever can be laundered in January will be done just to keep afloat in readiness for Holden to stuff the XB Commodore into them in late February .... it's a complicated mess that will make anyone buying anything Holden the winner on price ...

Cheers Sniper, whilst the HSV GMH pricing (discount for GM Workers) is now zero, that's far from what is happening with the Astra, I have a plan that should be sorted early this week. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 5 Days Ago at 08:52 AM.

Thread Information