HSV Forum

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... Last >>

Thread: Vf gtsr

Vf gtsr

I guess this project has been on the agenda for a while but it now seems to have got some momentum . . . or at least approval to finish off and submit to Holden for approval
    My contacts at Clayton are not on the "Coal face" of this project but It appears that it is go!!
    Motivation and tech is being drawn from the Z28 Camaro . . with other bits of tech coming from the ZL-1 & Corvette parts bins
    It's scheduled for release early in 2015 to give the Brand a "hit" of emotion and help sales of the rest of the range before they close down!
    Expect a unique rear lip style spoiler in carbon and a matching front splitter . . . probably attached to the current GTS front bar
    Also, its possible that it will get the Z28 front Recaro's and Carbon Brakes too . . . Plus a unique set of forged wheels that have already been designed and patented . . and yes, it will get Auto and paddles but possibly no HID!!
    As far as numbers are concerned I can only speculate that 100 units is the magic number . . .
    I'm hoping they also do something unique like a custom bonnet! . . . but only time will tell
    Well, as I said, its not 100% a done deal but the chit chat around Clayton suggests it a Goer.. . . to develop
    Don't expect any more power - but a nominal amount of KW gain could happen . . . expect more noise . . and Red to be the only colour!!
    Last edited by Sniper; 25-03-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

now that should satisfy! If I'm in the position to own one I will. This is good news thanks for the info
    Z- Series

They lost me at red only

At least add black and white.

Hopefully they pull their heads out of the sand and put a decent oil cooler on it.

Red only is in interesting call.

I've already been advised that they will be watching this thread closely . . there is not much time to "sign off" if it actually gets signed off at all???

If any on here are genuine buyers of the "last of the last" which should be the "best of the best" post up your wish list as it "may" make a difference

Oil coolers & colours are a start guys . . . but if there is anything else you want - tell them on here!!
    Last edited by Sniper; 26-03-2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

wow thanks for the info Sniper... thats awesome.

I was looking at ordering a new gts june/july, i think until i hear more about this ill be holding off. hopefully they don't go to stupid with the rear wing, i loved it on the vs's but i don't something of that size would suit the vf. I like your idea of the bonnet though.
    from what you have told us Sniper it all sounds great the colour, seats, wheels and carbon brakes, the paddles don't bother me because id opt for manual anyways, i would like to see HID in it though. the biggest concern would be price though. the bride wants pups pretty soon so i stretching it with the standard gts.

just have to wait and see i guess.

thanks again for the info mate.

Carbon fiber brakes
    LS9 engine
    Make it lighter....way lighter
    Maybe even up weight distribution like on the Z06 corvette use a rear mount transmission
    light weight Recaro seats (once you set your position you don't need electric seats anyway)
    Make it available in more than 1 color
    Keep the price under 120k
    Build an OTR for it
    Use magnesium parts where possible to reduce weight
    10-12" wide rear wheels
    MRC
    Auto and Manual (if going crazy with the auto use the nissan GTR dual clutch type system)
    Carbon fiber bonnet, boot, bumpers for weight saving
    undercarriage aero package like the ZL1 Z/28 for more downforce

If possible make it so you can choose engine combos eg, LSA, LS9, LS7, LT1
    All the cars are built to order anyway so i dont see how it's a problem to choose what engine you want.

If you wanted to be able to lay claim to the biggest cubic inch engine you have ever used put the LSX454 in there with an LS7 cam and it will pass emissions.

Do that flight mode thing the Z/28 has

Would be cool if it had a race camera package, eg cameras mounted in different spots that saves not only footage but also data like engine rpm, speed, gear throttle/brake percentages that you can then download to a USB and watch on your computer or TV. Make your own car videos type thing with say 4-5 cameras mounted in nice hidden spots....probably that wont happen but would be cool even if it was optional.

Street registered track car

Lastly Chevrolet has a performance division which sells all the needed parts to make your own or upgrade your cars performance would be awesome if you built this GTSR and then people with the VF GTS were able to buy the parts from either HSV or distributors and make look a likes or simply upgrade parts of the car like the carbon fiber brakes, front, rear lip, wider wheels etc etc.
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 26-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thanks for the info Sniper, its good have to you around here a bit more again.

I doubt i would be in a position to buy this, plus would be very hard to let go of my SV6000 however if I was looking at something like the new GTS-R it would share some history with the VS:

Option to upgrade the engine eg- cam/heads something
    Better brakes standard
    Better suspension option
    Unique trim, not leather something like Alcantra or cloth or similar. Just unique, a GTS-R shouldnt have leather. Leather isnt good on the track!
    Less electronic gizmos, not needed
    As said before, alot less weight.

Hell just build the Z28 in HSV Sedan form!!

I like the one colour option though, stick with this idea

Real name Brady

SV6000 #0024

Agree with most .. but definitely Alcantara headlining, Steering Wheel, Dash and Carbon ... lots of Carbon. Ditch the DRLs and put LED DRLs integrated into the headlight system like Jeep. Active Cruise Control . Contoured rear seats bit like the Coupes so only a 4 seater.
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

What are peoples thoughts on an approved roll cage?

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information