HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    hey mate, i've been looking at 232/234 cams too for my vx clubby (obviously LS1), what is it like in terms of drivability?? i've heard that this cam is great for top end power, but is it a pig to drive normally?

cheers
    My mate has this cam in his VZ SS M6 with the L76 6 litre, along with Higgins cnc heads and 3.9 diff gears making 342rwkw. The top end (say between 5000-7000rpm) is really strong, however under that its a big of a slug.

I have a cam only VZ Clubby R8 M6 with a 224/230 cam making 292rwkw and we've had a few races at the track and he cant catch me until about 170km/h (which is pretty useless). I chose a smaller cam for heaps of low down/mid range torque which is where I pull away from my mates SS, and the other benefits are good driveability with half decent economy (still getting 470-520km to a tank). The choice is yours but id go a smaller cam any day unless you're at the track every weekend chasing numbers.

I would leave it stock bar exhaust/intake/cam mods. But thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
    I would leave it stock bar exhaust/intake/cam mods. But thats just me.
    I agree. This is exactly what I've done

yeah, doing anymore on these just de-vaules them. Even the cam is questionable.

Ask yourself if you were to buy a early HSV from VN-VR say, would you want it stock or modified? It will be the same with these, so unless you constantly track your car etc. best to leave these stock. (lol i must be getting old, but from experience i now wouldn't do otherwise....)

Bolt a blower on. Very easy to revert back to stock with no sign it was ever there

Thread Information