HSV Forum

Page 16 of 17 First << ... 614151617 Last >>
    So basically mate we all need to get together and put the squeeze on Holden don't we!

2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    So basically mate we all need to get together and put the squeeze on Holden don't we!
    The more people report the issue the better the chance it gets sorted, 10/20 customers complain nothing, 200 now there is an issue.
    Some cars have problem some donít
    Basically build number and date issue or not,
    Iíve feeling the spring isolators are going to cause drama weather new or old design, even the new design may actually be left over old isolators!!!.

GM /Eaton have taken a hammering in USA but thatís 10ía of thousands of cars, here weíll were nothing.

Iíd like to see pictures of the new/old spring isolator to see what is the improvement.
    Why on earth did they do away with solid isolator????

HSV repair = free solid isolator install and option for upper pulley install and drastically reduced price if wanted.
    Now that would be good customer service!!!!
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

My 2013 GTS developed a rattling sound after 2000klms the supercharger was suspected as the cause.It was replaced by HSV. At around this time Eaton had swapped over to the solid isolator, at the time of the swap I asked HSV and my service people how could they identify that the new one did indeed have a solid isolator fitted and was not an old stock spring model. They could not tell me as the part number for the supercharger had not changed.A few months later the original rattle returned and a second repacement supercharger had to be fitted. At the time I asked HSV why they did not just swap the isolator over and I was told that Eaton would not allow HSV/GMH to open the superchargers. I often wondered where all these replacement superchargers ended up.
    The irony of all this is that the rattle the car had was not comming from the supercharger at all, but from the heat shielding that changed shape as the car heated up.
    Bob
    Last edited by Toxo492; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:58 PM.

That's interesting Bob. Did you notice any difference in noise of the supercharger after it was changed until the heat shield rattle reared its head?

2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    That's interesting Bob. Did you notice any difference in noise of the supercharger after it was changed until the heat shield rattle reared its head?
    Hi Rick,
    My rattle was a strange one, it would only occur shortly after start up on a cold engine and would last for 2-3 klm then disappear, it was quite loud but would not occur every day.Of course it would not rattle when I put the car in for service and they did try on many occasions to find it. I even left the car with them for a week on one occasion but it did not rattle.I made a recording of the noise in the cabin by hanging a little recorder on my rear vision mirror. The recording is a wav file and I see that the forum does not support these. I can email it to you if you would like to hear it. It is a different sound than Nick GTS recording.
    Bob

NickGTS 2017 model LSA Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NickGts View Post
    So I got bored waiting for appointment for Holden to investigate noisy charger,
    I had solid coupler in garage so itís raining and I decided to change it.
    My car has just clicked 6000kms and apart from a lid spacer and pod filter no other mods, factory boost etc....

This is spring isolator which came out of car, as you can see one end of spring has metal clip, this I believe is the new improved version!!!
    Other free end of spring fits by pin on coupling, unit acts as a damper.
    Now for the interesting part!!!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen this is wear on shaft of coupling from the windings of the spring. Thankfully this is minimal grooving due to kms travelled, and the grease is yet to be contaminated in main body.

Left unchanged no matter what HSV/Holden/Eaton say will result in bearing contamination and failure!!!!

You can see the rubbing on spring coils (shiny)
    Holden would of said noise is normal as it doesnít happen all the time.
    Iíd rather change this part to solid coupling which you can get from LPE (lingenfelter) or from Yella Terra here in oz.
    Good way to spend an arvo.
    Whilst apart grab yourself a lid spacer!!!!

New solid coupling.....
    Guys you have been warned!!!!

I will be passing on my photos and findings to HSV......
    As for warranty hell I have this fixed now myself and know done right.
    (18+ yrs in auto manufacturing and maintenance engineer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I have seen videos of swap out procedure...but one thing I am unclear on...do you need to lift the sc off the engine to remove the snout?

Quote Originally Posted by Eors View Post
    I have seen videos of swap out procedure...but one thing I am unclear on...do you need to lift the sc off the engine to remove the snout?
    You need to raise it up to clear the oil breather so you just wedge something under the blower.

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    You need to raise it up to clear the oil breather so you just wedge something under the blower.
    So I guess you need to replace the intake gasket?

Quote Originally Posted by Eors View Post
    So I guess you need to replace the intake gasket?
    No the OEM charger gasket stays in place on the blower but since you've gone to the effort to basically take the blower off the engine to do the isolator it's not a bad time to also fit a set of blower spacer plates.

Thread Information