HSV Forum

Page 18 of 18 First << ... 8161718
    Zook
    A very good question, I have a 2012 GTS and asked that very same question to HSV & GMH a few years ago. The answer I received is that there is no different part numbers both the spring isolator and solid model share the same part number.If your car was new from April 2013 there is a good chance it has the solid isolator. GMH are not permitted to open the superchargers. This uncertainty resulted in mine being replaced twice.
    Bob

Zook
    A very good question, I have a 2012 GTS and asked that very same question to HSV & GMH a few years ago. The answer I received is that there is no different part numbers both the spring isolator and solid model share the same part number.If your car was new from April 2013 there is a good chance it has the solid isolator. GMH are not permitted to open the superchargers. This uncertainty resulted in mine being replaced twice.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    I'm getting my SC replaced under warranty.
    Does anyone know the part number of the SC with the spring loaded coupling and that of the SC with the solid coupling?
    They are the same part number, your new charger will have the same issue, you have to either force the dealer to read this thread and change the isolator or have another workshop change it for you.

Harrop, Lingenfelter, yella terra all sell the solid isolator

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Dealers won't do it - they refer you to HSV head office and they won't do it either. They'll contemplate a wholr unit replacement if the noise is out of character (subjective call). Good luck!
    My Rides:
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red;
    2015 VW Golf R Mk7 DSG in Lapiz Blue.

When HSV changed to the 'new spring' isolator in 2016, should it be replaced with a solid one from Yella Terra?? Or is the 'fix' actually good enough??

Mine isn't making crazy noises, but ive just hit 9000km and thinking maybe I should get hsv to fit one for me regardless.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    When HSV changed to the 'new spring' isolator in 2016, should it be replaced with a solid one from Yella Terra?? Or is the 'fix' actually good enough??

Mine isn't making crazy noises, but ive just hit 9000km and thinking maybe I should get hsv to fit one for me regardless.

Cheers.
    If it has the spring one in it from the factory...then Holden/HSV will replace the complete charger assembly...they do not replace just the coupler...I have just been down this road with them (car had done 1200 km)

Holden/HSV will not fit the Yella Terra coupler and warranty it...but HSV did kind of... "suggest" changing it with the solid myself

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post

Cheers.
    It went like this:

2013-Early 2014 Spring isolator
    2014-2016 Solid isolator
    2016-2017 Revised Spring isolator

The early spring was very bad, the new spring is still bad but not as bad, it still needs to be replaced with a solid.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Okay cheers guys... I might have to pull the snout off and see if I got a solid one or a spring one.. huge headache, but might have to be done.

Thanks.

Thread Information