HSV Forum

Page 13 of 17 First << ... 31112131415 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    So they have gone back to spring isolator instead of solid.. that's interesting.. is the "new" spring isolator different or improved from the old one?
    If it rattles then it's metal on metal and it's a problem....no idea why they would go back to the spring when the solution in the aftermarket has been a solid one and Eaton even changed to a solid one.

My HSV was one of the first to come out with the solid Eaton isolator as I was prepared to change it out and on the 2nd day of owning the car and opening the snout on the charger I found I had a solid one from factory.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Sorry to be necro this post from the past, but was wondering what the latest on it is. Could we expect the solid part as per what you found on yours GenF-GTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Sorry to be necro this post from the past, but was wondering what the latest on it is. Could we expect the solid part as per what you found on yours GenF-GTS?
    I've heard rumours that the spring one is back in there now....no idea why this would be though...
    If this is true it's bad, in my opinion I would be asking HSV and me also being fussy I personally would be taking a look or next best option for those not willing to open it up call a few workshops and ask

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I can confirm that recently a friend with a 2017 model opened the blower up and found the spring loaded isolator.
    I have no idea why Eaton would go back to this especially after the mass recall and cost in the USA to recall all LSA blowers to be upgraded to the solid version which was an entire blower swap with the old blowers being sold off in masses on eBay for as little as $500.

So yes if you have a 2017 LSA and it's rattle highly likely it needs a solid isolator

Just doing some research on this as I believe my 2014 GTS with 112k km on it needs the spring loaded isolator replaced. Apparently the OEM solid isolater piece was always a temporary fix from GM as it makes a worse noise and doesn't absorb the initial kick of increased RPM from throttle but doesn't wear out the isolator like the spring loaded one.
    This is apparently why Eaton has made a revised spring loaded one with a different design and materials that 'should not' create the unnatural wear the original did.... whether or not thatis the case remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    I can confirm that recently a friend with a 2017 model opened the blower up and found the spring loaded isolator.
    I have no idea why Eaton would go back to this especially after the mass recall and cost in the USA to recall all LSA blowers to be upgraded to the solid version which was an entire blower swap with the old blowers being sold off in masses on eBay for as little as $500.

So yes if you have a 2017 LSA and it's rattle highly likely it needs a solid isolator
    My Rides: 2013 VF SS Auto Sportswagon in Nitrate (OTR CAI, Headers, Brembo 4 pots all around, DBA T3 rotors, Paddleshift kit, Bilstein shocks on King springs);
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red (stock for now)

My MY15 now has a very slight rattle i think its that part?
    HSVsaid its within spec at least i have it noted as the warranty ends in a few months.
    Might be time for an MY19. joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    If it rattles then it's metal on metal and it's a problem....no idea why they would go back to the spring when the solution in the aftermarket has been a solid one and Eaton even changed to a solid one.

My HSV was one of the first to come out with the solid Eaton isolator as I was prepared to change it out and on the 2nd day of owning the car and opening the snout on the charger I found I had a solid one from factory.
    What's your build number Gen F? I'm 846 delivered in February 2014.
    My Rides: 2013 VF SS Auto Sportswagon in Nitrate (OTR CAI, Headers, Brembo 4 pots all around, DBA T3 rotors, Paddleshift kit, Bilstein shocks on King springs);

I've got the GTS in with HSV today and presented them with the GM service bulletin 13313. We'll see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdoggydogg View Post
    What's your build number Gen F? I'm 846 delivered in February 2014.
    I'm #998 and my blower was replaced under warranty within the first few months due to a rattle in the blower. I assume it was this part that was causing the issue, so seeing your car is slightly ahead of mine I'd guess it has the old style part in it
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Just a quick question. As this is my first Hsv. Would a October 16 model club sport LSA have a solid isolater fitted or did they fit spring type for this model

Sent from my E6653 using HSV Forum mobile app

Thread Information