HSV Forum

Page 2 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    In the next few months there will be another release from HSV into our market - I think we will hear about it as early as May but dealers won't have stock until July/August in my opinion

Gee you're a prick teaser - come on, give us a clue. You can't make a statement like that & then clam up..
    Is it 2019 Camaro???
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    The performance future for HSV is pretty good . . . there has been a fair bit of emotion here and in the marketplace that will eventually subside .... Sure, HSV only have one model in play right now and it's an engineered conversion but that's just the start - HSV is moving at a rapid rate to ensure its own future which will deliver performance GM cars and equipment going forward

Don't forget, they (their dealers) sold over 2200 Sedans and Utes at greater than $100k in 2017 and 2018 along with another 1000 units that straddled that $100k fence . . . today, if you want to buy a special Mustang - the Bullit - the market is $90k which is similar to the Camaro - and if the dealers could be honourable the Camaro would be a tad cheaper but they are charging $5k delivery fees - the market needs to rebel that activity and HSV need to put their foot down and stamp that out

In the next few months there will be another release from HSV into our market - I think we will hear about it as early as May but dealers won't have stock until July/August in my opinion

Further to that, expect an number of High Performance initiatives out of HSV .... they are moving at a hot pace right now to get things finished and finalised

As for US built RHD - don't bank on it anytime soon

I can even imagine GM contracting HSV to engineer RHD units for other regions
    Nice to hear some positive stuff GR, amongst all the doom & gloom.
    Martin.

I believe this release would have been all but locked in before the new HSV building deposit was paid.
    You would be crazy not to have a ten year plus plan in place modifying cars every month of every year
    HSV will continue to move forward and in time any aussie built HSV will be sort after. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post

Gee you're a prick teaser - come on, give us a clue. You can't make a statement like that & then clam up..
    Is it 2019 Camaro???
    Sift thru all the more recent rumours and speculation and you should be able to narrow it down to a couple of models. A lot of stuff that is "leaked" is simply strategic marketing. Happens year after year, look at the GTSR thread on here, "spy shots" certainly got a lot of people talking about it!

I will say though that dying forums like this certainly have their advantage to buyers. A lot of guys on here secured a W1 (even better at a decent price) because of it being mentioned on here. When it was finally released, the allocations were nearly all gone for the average punter.

The next model may be a similar story, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Sift thru all the more recent rumours and speculation and you should be able to narrow it down to a couple of models. A lot of stuff that is "leaked" is simply strategic marketing. Happens year after year, look at the GTSR thread on here, "spy shots" certainly got a lot of people talking about it!

I will say though that dying forums like this certainly have their advantage to buyers. A lot of guys on here secured a W1 (even better at a decent price) because of it being mentioned on here. When it was finally released, the allocations were nearly all gone for the average punter.

The next model may be a similar story, time will tell.
    Funny you say that I had a bloke ask me today if I would be interested in a W1 I asked why are you selling it and bam he said CORVETTE I asked price he said 200k all options plus a a few one off things done on the car.
    I called another guy that bought three W1's and surprise surprise he is selling two of them to buy a corvette I asked price he said 210 for the car with all options and 195 for the bare bones car.

One on carsales from a dealer 195k

A Corvette would certainly interest me. It wouldn't replace my VF Senator (way too depreciated and practical, I still think this is my last good car most likely). Caveats I would still like an Australian Corvette to be state of the art in technology, but V8. RHD drive pricing would have to be realistic. Styling should evolve but not disconnect from earlier versions. Ford bringing the Mustang at fair price points says a lot.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 13-02-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    As for US built RHD - don't bank on it anytime soon
    I can even imagine GM contracting HSV to engineer RHD units for other regions
    Martin.
    well if GM sell/kill off Holden, that is the only way ....
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    well if GM sell/kill off Holden, that is the only way ....
    I can't keep up with all this stuff, which IMHO seems to be part of a Worldwide "rationaization" or whatever ya wanna call it by GM Detroit,...I've heard withdrawal from RHD vehicles, who knows, but whatever, it's out of Holden's hands, they're just a "p***enger" in all of this.
    Martin.

Euthanasia for brands. Holden may be better euthanised with the good memories. Then be like MG, revived with lost character. Jaguar on the other hand seems to have thrived under Indian, over Ford Ownership.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 13-02-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information