HSV Forum

The Performance Future . .

GM is changing at a rapid rate . . . and they have to after dishing up a range of garbage to the market over the past 10 years . . . which the Holden brand has hastily signed up for to make quick greedy profits

Sadly , things from Korea have been disasters . . . Epica - god, every dealer and punter in Australia knew this was a disaster but Holden took it to the market and paid the price with its credibility . . . the Barina, Cruze, Malibu are more pieces of dated rubbish that Holden tried on us and failed

. . . but 2014 has brought a different mindset at Dearborn . . no more junk cars is the hymn sheet at GM - in other words they have admitted to their mistakes

Holden should have taken the Opel Range 10 years ago and copped slightly lower margins but sold more cars . . ????
    and ultimately made more money and not given up all their market share to Toyota and Mazda - idiots . . . I knew it and plenty at Fisherman's Bend knew it and I'm sure there are plenty on here that knew it

Well with 2015 approaching GM are getting themselves set for a better "international" future and Australia will be locked after . . . we'll get a nice range a good cars rolled out between now and August 2017 . . . I believe GM have decided what we are getting but I can only speculate based on some good inside knowledge what we'll get

. . . Cadilac is coming . . . GMC trucks are coming (see the new Colorado size/copy they have just released) . . . Opel . . . and Chevy . . . lets be clear . . . the Holden name tag is gone but they will not announce that at he moment while they try to hang onto as much market share as they can in the transition - and we all know that GM execs can play with the truth - we saw that in its totality late last year

GM have designed a RWD Sedan to replace the VF/Chevy SS and some Buick products internationally (Based on h current Cadilac CTS) . . . obviously I am short on details with this product and how it will fit into the market - ie V6 . . . TT V6 . . . or LT1 or even LT4 . . . and this will (if there is a market) replace the Commodore Sedan . . . but as we all know this market segment is diminishing fast in a volume sense - HSV will not be part of this program as they will be gone and our performance cars will be built fully on line in Michigan or Mexico or China . . . but I'm tipping the regular fleet type Commodore will come from downtown Guangdong and the Performance versions will come from the States

. . . more info soon . . . but 2016/17 and beyond will be interesting

Sounds very interesting Sniper.
    I purchased a VF Calais V V6 as my daily driver and picked it up the day before the closure announcement in December. I bought it on a three year lease and am doing about 1200 k's a week but when the lease is due that should reduce to about 400.
    I have been thinking to myself, what will I do? I thought I would get into an SSVR and hang onto it, but if GM are still going to offer a good RWD performance product this is great news.
    I will still keep my VZ Clubby though because I still really enjoy taking it out for a cruise.

Hi Sniper, the big RWD car market might be getting smaller but i think there will always be a V8 RWD 4 door market, but will it be viable?Time will tell. Have heard HSV might be looking at a Chyrsler as there donor car, have you heard that rumour?

Was going through your topics Sniper interested in the GTS0001 build and stumbled across this.

I've heard rumours back around this time that the Holden name was going... is the recent poor sales further digging Holden's 'nameplate' grave?
    Can we expect a Chevrolet re-brand soon?

Quote Originally Posted by skaifeman View Post
    Was going through your topics Sniper interested in the GTS0001 build and stumbled across this.

I've heard rumours back around this time that the Holden name was going... is the recent poor sales further digging Holden's 'nameplate' grave?
    Can we expect a Chevrolet re-brand soon?
    I've expected the rebranding for a while now and I spoke to an associate in Melb a couple of weeks ago and got a fair update - I'm in Melb this Wednesday coming and I expect to fish out more data but I can promise you the possibility of rebranding is on the table and real

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    ................. I can promise you the possibility of rebranding is on the table and real
    .... I am aware that a number of Holden dealerships will close/shut up the Holden outlet and concentrate on other brands in their multi-brand stables if GM do this (GM will be a dirty word in the market even if the product is good.. which it aint)

a number of auto groups have already been making lots from this... Eagers got the Toowoomba dealership group and AHG
    and Booran now have Kia Hyundai peugot Mitsubishi Citroen outlets in Melbourne and Sydney as well as Holden
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

GM are killing off the Holden brand. If they tried to kill it off with the Commodore there would have been outrage. Give it a year or two, probably coinciding with the release of a RHD Camaro/Corvette and we will see the move from Holden to Chev. There won’t be any outrage as Zholden will have been run into the ground and Chev will be seen as the saviour and return of the V8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've all seen the spy shots of the Cadillac testing here in Australia in LHD formats around VIC and other places, rumor is they are going to be opening dealerships themselves...

How true this is I dont know, but the spy shots are real, plenty of people have seen them.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    We've all seen the spy shots of the Cadillac testing here in Australia in LHD formats around VIC and other places, rumor is they are going to be opening dealerships themselves...

How true this is I dont know, but the spy shots are real, plenty of people have seen them.
    Are they built in RHD?

Thread Information