HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123
    Guys I got the Stage 2 plus GT9 cam package and it got 447rwkw with standard heads on dyno dynamics dyno its awesome power and torque.

A few things to add this power level is 600hp at the wheels and in the US the max for this motor and blower is around 700 to 750 so its awesome power. And the stage 3 with heads will get similar power and more with less boost because of the less restricted heads as I didn't get the head upgrade also stage 3 gets more more fuel pressure from the pump.

There has been some talk on the price but you have to realise the price is for a much lower market than the US and its still very good bang for you buck.

The lower graph by the way was 3inch DF OTR and tune on a stock L77 stock was 228.

Well done offshore, how does the car feel and sound now that you have had these mods completed?
    What you say will be forgotten someday, what you do will be remembered!

Havnt picked it up yet. Staying at the Langham Hotel now and Ill pick it up tomorrow morning. Suppose to be raining so should be interesting. I'll let you guys know. Mines not a GTS but we have the same motor now so ill be able to give you guys some info on other mods in the future as well. As im planning on a few more things in the future probably going to get those LPE heads for one. I had the catch can and oil cooler installed and also the Harrop short shifter this week its also running a Harrop True Track 3.7.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post
    Havnt picked it up yet. Staying at the Langham Hotel now and Ill pick it up tomorrow morning. Suppose to be raining so should be interesting. I'll let you guys know. Mines not a GTS but we have the same motor now so ill be able to give you guys some info on other mods in the future as well. As im planning on a few more things in the future probably going to get those LPE heads for one. I had the catch can and oil cooler installed and also the Harrop short shifter this week its also running a Harrop True Track 3.7.
    Yep I followed the thread of your project, awesome.....
    What you say will be forgotten someday, what you do will be remembered!

Picked it up today drove from Melbourne to Canberra via Bairnsdale and Cooma. It was wet and greasy most of the way so hard to use the power. But in the dry it lights the wheels up in 2nd and 3rd holds on if the traction is good. The true track diff helped. In the wet its ok but I can see why most manufacturers dont bring cars out this powerful because if some one drove it that didnt know about using light throttle etc with cars with this much grunt than they will spin the car so fast in 4th etc. 6th gear is an overtaking gear past trucks up hill no problem. Its got awesome torque. I reckon roll on it will keep with most cars not sure about a 911 GT2RS havnt driven one!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post
    Guys I got the Stage 2 plus GT9 cam package and it got 447rwkw with standard heads on dyno dynamics dyno its awesome power and torque.

A few things to add this power level is 600hp at the wheels and in the US the max for this motor and blower is around 700 to 750 so its awesome power. And the stage 3 with heads will get similar power and more with less boost because of the less restricted heads as I didn't get the head upgrade also stage 3 gets more more fuel pressure from the pump.

There has been some talk on the price but you have to realise the price is for a much lower market than the US and its still very good bang for you buck.
    Not so, according to Holden. They are saying that the LSA in its standard 430kw form is the most that this motor is capable of. Be very careful.

Of course they'll say that...they would also say there's no hope in hell of an LS1 holding together with 500-600rwhp but it happens all the time. Been on the plus side of 500 (around a 75% increase over stock) for years now, has not and will not miss a beat.

Seriously I was going to write a reply but ive got better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Of course they'll say that...they would also say there's no hope in hell of an LS1 holding together with 500-600rwhp but it happens all the time. Been on the plus side of 500 (around a 75% increase over stock) for years now, has not and will not miss a beat.
    We all know they're capable of more. Mine's currently pulling 400rwkw and it sings. Just saying what Holden told me on Friday.

Thread Information