HSV Forum

Page 33 of 33 First << ... 23313233

Thread: GEN F Series 2

No sunroofs mate!!! & who the Fark wants silver!!! ����

I can't have a Commodore/HSV with a sunroof, I just cant get the seat low enough and supportive of my thighs when there's a roof installed. And after owning lots of company cars and private cars with sunroofs, I wouldn't bother even if I didn't have a headroom issue.

I'm 6'2" (188cm), so I'm sure there's taller people with even bigger worries than me.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by VIP-427 View Post
    Plenty of people, just look around MATE !!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_colour_popularity

why don't you try interstate if you cant get it locally, its not that hard............

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    I can't have a Commodore/HSV with a sunroof, I just cant get the seat low enough and supportive of my thighs when there's a roof installed. And after owning lots of company cars and private cars with sunroofs, I wouldn't bother even if I didn't have a headroom issue.

I'm 6'2" (188cm), so I'm sure there's taller people with even bigger worries than me.
    How tall r u seated? Might sound odd i was measured for a carbon push bike 6'2 but equal to 6,6 seated. With a f neck to i cant put the seat back on too much of an angle. I would not make a good rugby player lol.
    Thats why i went from caprice to grange. Caprice sunroof only.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 05-11-2015 at 08:09 PM.

How many dealerships have you visited mate? Afew out there desperate for sales imo. The only reason i got the price i wanted was the dealers competing with eachother , fair bit of back and forth but payed off. Surely someone else can beat 95 if theres autos below 90

Now, now be nice please . We can't ALL be cool and have Nitrate coloured cars can we . You know what they say about black cars, "Once you've had one................................." We have a sunroof in our SSVR, they do make more noise in the cabin and the other downside is you lose the sunglass holder too.

I was looking around the last week for a S1 white auto for the wife. She decided she is happy with her S1 SSVR but she would like a little more "go and whoa". I have the brakes sitting in the cupboard all ready to go, now I just need to decide engine wise what I'm going to do.

I have a deposit in on a "special edition GTS" but that's no guarantee I'll get one of course depending on build numbers BUT we have decided to get a last S2 GTS no mater what and that will be our everyday drive car until someone from GM decides to build an AWD V8 4D family sized sedan for our market, and please no Cadillac's yukkkkkk
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    How tall r u seated? Might sound odd i was measured for a carbon push bike 6'2 but equal to 6,6 seated. With a f neck to i cant put the seat back on too much of an angle. I would not make a good rugby player lol.
    Thats why i went from caprice to grange. Caprice sunroof only.
    I think I'm like you, long in the body. But I have retrained myself over the years to have the back of the seat more upright, rather than the "fully sik" lay back position. I can't lock my elbows against the steering wheel, but I have the front of the seat bolster, up almost to it's highest position to rest under my lower thigh. The end result is I sit upright and high. I would love the seat to be mounted 2" lower then I wouldn't have a head clearance issue if there was a roof, but this is not the case.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Not sure what u guys are talking about clearance wise. I'm 6' 4 1/2" and I have no trouble with 'clearance'
    Perhaps if I put the seat back at a perfect 90 degree like an old lady? Not sure.
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post

At the lowest position I was still just touching the sunroof mouldings in my E3. VF is different ... The seats are lower so all good with seating and head clearance. I made sure of that before committing.

And there is no noise difference between Sunroof and non-Sunroof unless open of course.
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

I'll have to have a sit in a Gen F with a roof and see how it's changed. Didn't think there would be a difference between my E3 and a Gen F

Thread Information