HSV Forum

Another dealership gripe

When I had my gauges fixed by the dealership the Maloo was due for a service and I reluctantly decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. Last week I decided to change the headlight globes and took the cover off the air box. My aftermarket filter was disgusting after 1 week from the service. After calling the dealership to find out why I have found out they don't touch any aftermarket stuff and don't tell you they haven't touched it. I was pretty unhappy considering it says to in the service manual. But at least they didn't charge me.

If any of you mod guys get a service done at the dealership keep this in mind as I wouldn't have checked if I didn't change my globes.

Cheers
    Danny

Would you really want or trust them to clean your expensive filter. I'd rather do it myself and know that it's been done properly and with the correct cleaning products. They should have told you though that they didnt touch it. At least they didn't replace it with a paper filter! That would have been a shock for you! Lol
    When enough just isn't enough!

mate i havent been to a dealership with my car for years and years and years!!!!! aftermarket mechanics now will look after new car warranties, and will also let you know what can be fixed under warranty. find a good mechanic and go there. although my wifes SSV Z series sportswagon is totally standard and gets serviced at the dealership (part of the lease) and ive had no problems!

Real name Brady

SV6000 #0024

Hi m8, was wondering what dealer u went to??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My original mechanic has disappeared to the states to work with NASCAR. It won't be happening again. Has anyone had any bad experiences with hpf? The dealership was GWS oakleigh.

I can highly recommend SASS Automotive in Hoppers Crossing. The Location maybe a little out of your way?
    Never been to HpF.
    I try an avoid the dealerships, last visit, due to an air bag fault was a complete waste of time. 1st they didn't fix the fault,
    2nd they said my car wasn't due for a service. Funny the dash service warning says it's due?????
    Good luck finding a new Mech.

Quote Originally Posted by dannym81 View Post
    My original mechanic has disappeared to the states to work with NASCAR. It won't be happening again. Has anyone had any bad experiences with hpf? The dealership was GWS oakleigh.
    Barry Bourke Berwick is not that far from Oakleigh.
    I suggest you call the service manager PERSONALLY, Simon France, & mention that Martin Hayden suggested you call.
    They serviced our GTO for over 5 years, & were brilliant, they now look after our Astra.
    Cheers, Pickles.

Can't complain about my dealer
    They didn't do anything other than change the oil and pump up the tyres

Booked it in 2 weeks in advance for the 15k service
    Asked to also look at the following
    Bootlid aligment issue
    Beeping noise coming from the MRC unit when in performance mode
    Memory seat unit not working sometimes.

Picked up the car that night and they said they didn't have time to do anything other than the service so bring it back another time WTF!!
    I just live for the enjoyment of dropping my car off repeatedly

Also they tried to charge me more than the capped price servicing amount ($150 extra) because they claimed they used synthetic oil....."did I ask you to do that?"...No..."F off then"

Quote Originally Posted by R34 View Post
    Can't complain about my dealer
    They didn't do anything other than change the oil and pump up the tyres

Booked it in 2 weeks in advance for the 15k service
    Asked to also look at the following
    Bootlid aligment issue
    Beeping noise coming from the MRC unit when in performance mode
    Memory seat unit not working sometimes.

Picked up the car that night and they said they didn't have time to do anything other than the service so bring it back another time WTF!!
    I just live for the enjoyment of dropping my car off repeatedly

Also they tried to charge me more than the capped price servicing amount ($150 extra) because they claimed they used synthetic oil....."did I ask you to do that?"...No..."F off then"
    It wouldn't b a dealer in Cannington, Perth? Would it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Redhotone; 29-08-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Nope
    Guess I can't try them then
    That leaves Freo i guess

Thread Information