HSV Forum

New motor options ls7 ls9 lsx???? Or stroke ls3

So I have been tinkering with the idea of stroking my s/c ls3 and a work mate has offered to buy my ls3 to put in his mini for a drag car.
    It has me pondering. Is stroking the best way to go or do I start with a stronger engine that will be more reliable?
    I'd like to keep my wp230 and use on the new engine. After some initial research I've seen ls7 is not that suitable but is a great motor.
    Am I wasting my time considering this or should I just stick with stroking the ls3. How much would a 2nd hand ls3 with 40k kms fetch anyway to offset the new motor?

If you decide on a stronger motor check out Horse Power World in Albury. They also have an eBay store. They have LSX iron blocks 416ci short motors with forged internals suited for boost for around $10k. Or they can build you pretty much whatever combo you want.

IMO sell yours buy an iron block with low comp, say 9:1 , fit your blower and up the boost. Strong and reliable. Costly up front but should hold together well.

Lsa create engine here from eagles is $15k and a ls9 create engine is round the $27k Mark..

Keep the car as it is atm

Quote Originally Posted by gto461 View Post
    oooh damn need to get saving well looks like they trust 1000 hp thru the alloy block, then 1200hp starts with the iron block, so i guess just stroke the ls3 block unless the plan is over 1000hp

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    oooh damn need to get saving well looks like they trust 1000 hp thru the alloy block, then 1200hp starts with the iron block, so i guess just stroke the ls3 block unless the plan is over 1000hp
    That's what I'm starting to think. Does anyone know what a reasonable price is for my ls3 to sell as turn key?

Thread Information