HSV Forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last >>

Thread: Drive events

Drive events

G'day everyone,
    Just checking in if anyone has booked or is keen to goto the drive events day at Phillip island on Friday the 10th of may?
    I just booked today
    http://www.driveevents.com.au/
    They're on Facebook as well drive events pty ltd.

👍

I'm in, It's going to be an Awesome day out. Gosick will be there.
    We will be meeting at the Cranbourne Macca's around 6am, but will confirm meeting point closer to the Day.

A little birdie told me that there will be more Track Time for this Event

Sounds good mate, I'm just waiting to hear back from a friend if he's going as well.
    How much fuel did you use last time will a full tank be enough or should I get a 20L can as well?
    I'm not far from cranbourne so ill be able to meet you guys down there if that's the case
    Did you have a garage booked last time ?

Last time I filled up in Cranbourne and had enough fuel for the whole day.
    You can take a quick trip into Cowes to fill up or bring extra fuel in a can. With the promise of more track time extra fuel maybe needed?
    We didn't book a garage no real need unless it's raining and you are planning on changing wheels etc.....

Yeh I've got no plans on changing wheels, so it should be all good hoping for no rain!
    Ill probably just take a fuel container, I'd rather have it there and not have to worry 😆

I just looked at the website....geez, that looks like an AWESOME day.
    I just did an AMG drive day there a week or so ago.....bloody awesome......going down the straight at 230ks & being told to "go harder" is unreal!
    Cheers, Pickles.

the AMG drive day sounds Sick!!!!

Last time we had one wet session and it was fun watching gosick going sick!!!

Fuel is about 5 - 6 k's away from the track, which would be a 20min round trip.
    Track sessions run for 15min + the setup time so there would be enough time for a quick trip to fill up if needed.
    If I need fuel I will be planning to go get at the end of session.

It's a good idea to bring a pressure gauge and check your tyre pressures before and after a run.
    Last time I was running 19" wheels and found 48 psi in the front and 46psi in the rear worked well.

5 more Sleeps )

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I just looked at the website....geez, that looks like an AWESOME day.
    I just did an AMG drive day there a week or so ago.....bloody awesome......going down the straight at 230ks & being told to "go harder" is unreal!
    Cheers, Pickles.
    My friend at work's son is one of the AMG Driving instructors that drove with you Pickles... He goes around Australia, and Asia doing them AMG drives, would be a tough gig.
    He was saying they just came back from a course in Malaysia, (just before your course at Phillip Island) where they had been doing close on 300KM/hr in the C63 AMG at the airfield they was using. That would be awesome to do!

Back to one HSV in the shed... But its a Gen F GTS so I arent complaining!!

yes gosick will be working there again tuff gig this one going on a break every 45 min to gosick around the island not bad at all cant wait bring it on guys see ya all at maccas carnbourne at 6 am full tank ready to go ya gunna love it guys
    248.8rwKw VY CLUBBY R8:cool
    easty`s r8 go`s sick:

Thread Information