HSV Forum

Page 9 of 13 First << ... 7891011 ... Last >>
    Keep pestering them. They'll do it if you annoy them enough. The gauges will last for ever. That's what the dealership said anyway. Hahaha.

I showed up at my dealer for my appointment to book the car in for the Oil Temp flicker. When I showed the guy checking the car in the little video on my phone of it flickering (as it's intermittent) he said no need to leave the car, they will order all three gauges in and I won't have another problem. Said it's a known issue in one batch of gauges and no problem after the new ones are installed. Now I wait. I will have to cover the gauges soon, they are distracting me

Looks like yours started to go at a good time.

All three of my gauges weren't working. I had the module replaced on Monday and all good

Dealer is meant to b sending someone out to see if they can repair my dash , been waiting for this person to phone me for two weeks now , think i need to phone dealer again tommorrow ( at least they must b taking responsibility for the scratched dash). Can't really see how the dot effect on the dash can b repaired but if they want to try, good luck, maybe I will b amazed! (Somehow doubt it!!) . Will keep u posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck, I hope the repair is to your standards.

Mine is in on Tuesday for gauge replacement. I will make sure I get some pics and video of the dash before it goes in

lol the wife took mine in to get the gauges today and i got her to take a photo of the dash before just in case.
    but wait after 5 months of shit fight with dealer about the way they have handled this the wife was on her way home with my car and the new gauges were not working....
    they installed them but never plugged the harness in.
    they know I'm alive now i hit the roof......

they know I'm alive now i hit the roof......[/QUOTE]

Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My E3 GTS is exactly 3 years 6 months and 16 days old. About 2 months ago, my oil pressure gauge light began to flicker and I took the car into Suttons Holden yesterday for them to confirm the fault. The service manager told me that with 38,000kms on the clock, HSV would most likely replace these under a "Good Will" warranty even though the car was over its 3 year warranty period. I have serviced the car since new at this dealership and purchased 4 new cars from them (2 HSV) over the last 15 years. I got a phone call telling me that the gauge was faulty and they were ordering the part in to replace them under warranty.

When I went in to pickup the car, the same guy that called me told me that HSV had decided to not replace these under warranty as the car was out of warranty. The service manager was embarrassed and apologetic and suggested I contact HSV directly to discuss with them, which I will.

He even gave me the paperwork which confirmed what he told me over the phone and told me he was very surprised that HSV had taken this decision as they have previously shown a little leniency with return customers for cars with low kms, etc.

I have written a letter to HSV asking them to reconsider their position and am hoping they will.

I still love the HSV brand and product but am disappointed that the decision maker in this instance had the power of Yes or No and chose the non customer friendly response. My letter wasn't nasty at all and am hoping they will reconsider as 38,000kms on a well looked after HSV should not be the customers issue when something like a gauge fails.

The Holden service guy told me that had the car travelled 80,000+kms he might have understood but not with such low kms.

When I asked him how much would it cost me to replace he told me over a grand. So if HSV don't change their position, I'll be stuck with an annoying flicker which is fine during the day but really frustrating at night.

Is there any place someone can recommend to repair these as I'm sure it is just some loose connection somewhere. Not keen to do it myself as I don't want to make things worst.

I now have 2 of mine that don't light up. Only the battery one works fully. Was told the whole 3 would cost about $800 or so from the dealer I buy my parts from so as soon as the 3rd one fails I'll buy the whole 3 and change then myself as it's very easy to do. Myself and another mate who also owns a GTS sent 2 of ours away to get repaired but no luck at all. Not doing that again.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Thread Information