PDA

View Full Version : What is the best product to use to clean undercarriage,Rims,WheelWells.

AOI
19-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Howdy everyone,
Well I think its time to give my baby a good clean underneath including wheel wells, chassy.

Im having a hard time removing thick brake dust on the rims and wheel wells. Cleaning the pipes and billet steel tips. Including the under carriage. Im reluctant to start without some advice first.
After using the car in the rain for a couple years, and having problems with Walkinshaw After market parts under warranty. I have decided to garage her.
While she is locked down i would like to restore her to near new condition before storing her for good and moving on to my next project.
What are the best products to use without causing any damage and using too much elbow grease which may also cause damage or scratching?

Thanking you in advance for the information.

hsv.286
19-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Hay mate,you can give "iron x" a go! Some people use it in a foam lance or as i have done,put it in a pump pack and use it neat and let it sit for 5 minutes and it turns purple then pressure wash it off..hope that helps..:)

8banga
19-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey HSV286 where do I get Iron X from

hsv.286
19-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Hey HSV286 where do I get Iron X from I got it from waxit.com.au here in Melbourne and it's about $40 a litre,not cheap but it works and you can dilute it if needed! I'm sure if ya search the net for suppliers ya will source it a bit closer to home as ya carnt get this stuff from ya local autobahn store! Carpro iron x is the product name and it comes in a 1 litre plastic satchel..cheers

Stewiecasserole
19-04-2012, 08:20 PM
I've seen that IronX stuff but the label says NOT to get it on chrome but then I just found this and I've changed my mind. Gunna get me some now. That bro from WA who did that series of threads on his detailing swears by it.

http://cquartz.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78:iron-cut&catid=37

hsv.286
20-04-2012, 07:58 AM
I'd spot test it 1st on your cromies Stewwie just in case! As for the Walky tips,I sprayed it on and agitated it with an old toothbrush then rinsed it off followed by autosol polish and brite shine cotton wadding and they came up a treat altho I reckon a high temp clearcoat over them would stop them oxidizing..:)

Stewiecasserole
20-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Might just take a run out to Waxit and get then to do the whole car for free. If I like it and no issues I'll buy the stuff and maybe some other products.
Let me know more about the high temp clear coat if you decide to go ahead with it Ian. Sounds good.

AOI
23-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Howdy,
Thanks for the info HSV286. After doing my homework, the company says its safe to use on any surface including chrome. If you are to wash your paint job, they recommend the IronX Gel wash incase anyone is curious.
It seems hard to find here in oz. Im in perth and cant seem to find any reps. Does it have to be purchased through the UK or can i Paypal payment and have it shipped from anywhere in oz. I dont trust international postage as alot of items seems to go missing after Australia post get there hands on them.
Any information is good information. Thanks again

Stewiecasserole
23-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Howdy,
Thanks for the info HSV286. After doing my homework, the company says its safe to use on any surface including chrome. If you are to wash your paint job, they recommend the IronX Gel wash incase anyone is curious.
It seems hard to find here in oz. Im in perth and cant seem to find any reps. Does it have to be purchased through the UK or can i Paypal payment and have it shipped from anywhere in oz. I dont trust international postage as alot of items seems to go missing after Australia post get there hands on them.
Any information is good information. Thanks again
Located in Melbourne

http://www.waxit.com.au/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=31&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

AOI
28-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Ok, M Iron X arrived 2 days ago. I contacted the UK and they instantly Emailed me with the information for Wax.IT. 5minutes after the Email from the UK i received an Email from Wax.It Melbourne assuring me of the process and cost of postage ect.

Great Work Wax.IT

I will be Using this Iron X prodcut in the next couple of weeks when i get the time to give the Walky, SL55 AMG, Torana SLR5000 and the BMW 318i a good clean including under the chasis and wheel well's. Ill let you know how it went.

Thank you guys for the advice and information. Muchly appreciated.