PDA

View Full Version : Not being able to drive

vip_holden
14-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Hey guys i work away and one of my main things i miss is driving my car whenever i want,
I injured my left ankle at work yesterday and they flew me home early to get x-rays, not sure how bad it is yet, but anyway just wondering how all you guys cope when u have ur cars in storage or apart for months at a time workin on them and not being able 2 drive them, it sucks just being able 2 see it and not being able to drive it lol

220isenator
14-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I find it very, very hard. I don't work away but have a daily I drive to work and the Senator stays in the garage. I look at it all the time and find spots to clean and polish. :lol: I still drive it whenever I want as long as the weathers good, otherwise I have the battery disconnected and on charge, under covers, and the fuel relay removed and hidden so it makes it harder to just take it out for a quick drive.

nonchalant
21-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Very tough. Get my licence back in 3 weeks following a licence suspension. It's hell seeing the car in the garage and not being able to drive it.

Don't drink and drive guys.

sidvzr
21-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Very tough. Get my licence back in 3 weeks following a licence suspension. It's hell seeing the car in the garage and not being able to drive it.

Don't drink and drive guys.

You drank and drove ?
You idiot

nonchalant
21-11-2012, 09:01 AM
You drank and drove ?
You idiot

Nice to see the forum trolls are still here. Only the names have been changed :rolleyes:

sidvzr
21-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Nice to see the forum trolls are still here. Only the names have been changed :rolleyes:

Why am I considered a troll ? Speaking the truth .
You obviously been told before I take it lol. Roll your eyes all you like .

white_lie
21-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't think it's trolling either...
I'd rather have you caught and off the road (hopefully you learnt your lesson?) than have you killing someone!

Back to the OP, should have got an auto Shane, could be cruising around all you like!

R34
21-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Why am I considered a troll ? Speaking the truth .
You obviously been told before I take it lol. Roll your eyes all you like .
Hey , he did the crime and is doing his time so give him a break.
From his message I'd say he's learnt from it
Unless any of us have never sped or broken any laws we're not not in a position to judge

And no I don't condone drink driving

Stezzy27
21-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey , he did the crime and is doing his time so give him a break.
From his message I'd say he's learnt from it
Unless any of us have never sped or broken any laws we're not not in a position to judge

And no I don't condone drink driving

+1

blown vy gts
21-11-2012, 07:23 PM
My car sits there for prob 7 months of the year it doesn't really bother me seeing it under the car cover in the garage. But when I do drive it I certainly am not bored with it.

R34
22-11-2012, 11:06 AM
I've got a R33 GTR that sits under a cover for sunny days.
Absolutely love that car as it's rare (i.e. not been stuffed around with)
But it's certainly no problem for me as My Senator is my daily

HSV99
22-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Choosing not to drive your car and not having the ability to drive it are totally different. I too only register my car for 6 months of the year but have been unable to drive for about 18 months out of the last 4 years due to 4 right ankle opperations in the past 4 years. I made the most of my time though, instead of lying on the lounge in a moon boot we put the car up on stands and I layed underneath it instead installing a fuel system then hopped around the engine bay and fitted the blower :).