PDA

View Full Version : R8 upgrades?

Barnster
29-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi all, just got a new r8 and was wondering if there are any guys on the northern beaches that have the OTR air filter Fitted and a better sounding exhaust that I can check out as it is way too quiet and do want to get a better induction system. Sorry to be a pain but any help would be awesome!
Thanks heaps!!

moray066
29-03-2012, 10:38 PM
My exhaust was done at Liverpool Exhaust, the guys there are great and will taylor the exhaust to suit what you want, they will try different mufflers on the car, let you start it, go for a drive and if you dont like it change it for you, but straight off the shelf they have a really nice sounding exhaust for the VE, I was there today and saw one fitted to a new SS, sounded really nice. My advice would be to get the ceramic coated headers, they actually make a big difference to engine and under bonnet temp, and Im sure you will already know these cars run HOT! Liverpool have the cheapest price on ceramic coated headers at the moment. Good luck with it

moray066
29-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Oh and also, dont just do a cat back, seriously a full exhaust does so much more for the car, mine had a cat back and when I did the cats forward, it made a noticeable difference.

Barnster
29-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the response. Will give them a call!!

moray066
29-03-2012, 11:17 PM
No probs, and sorry shouldnt say DONT do a cat back, look the cat back system is great if you just want a better sound, but if its performance then a full system is the way to go, good luck with whatever you choose