PDA

View Full Version : Sad end to someone's pride and joy.

Rrrrrrrr8
20-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Gday!
Hows it goin?

Im a sales rep in the auto industry, and I travel around the Gold Coast visiting mechanics etc..

Last week one of my clients had this bright red VE series 1 GTS on the hoist.
I being the curious creature that I am had to ask why it was there.
Turns out it was a collectors car with only 20k on the clock and had just been recovered after being stolen and missing for the last 6 weeks.

While the car was away it had its wheels painted black, rear wing removed, tyres worn out, dinted panels all over, and somehow had the brake fluid removed and replaced with auto trans fluid.
End result is a stuffed car. They the thieves clocked up 4000k in the 6 weeks of possession.

The quote to repair the brakes and replace the tyres was over $12,000 ( new parts not repaired or second hand )

The owner being the fussy man and I don't blame him at all decided that he didnt want his thrashed and bashed pride and joy anymore, so the insurance company wrote it off and paid him out.

Today I saw a once proud GTS towed away to the auctions where its fate is unknown. :(

So if your at the auctions in Brissy in the near future and spot this beast with only 24k on the clock, remember the brakes are shot and its has possible had the guts flogged out of it.

Its a sad end to someone's pride and joy.

d488y2
21-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Some people are just sick. Stealing a car and flogging the guts out of it is one thing, but
who drains the brake fluid and replaces it with auto trans fluid??? :mad:
They should have their blood drained and replaced with auto trans fluid, see how that feels!!!!!!
Sad end to a once loved car.

iCat
21-03-2012, 10:31 AM
performed by low lifes who have no idea how to work hard to achieve their dreams. be kind to this perpetrator, his mother probably smacked him as a child and made him feel bereft for the rest of his days.

one of my cars got broken into at the station the other day, nothing taken but i now have a smashed window. go get a job you scumbags.

1SIKR8
21-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Hate hearing stories like this! Make you check that everything is locked at night, makes you wonder how they clocked up 4000kms without been caught!

07GTS
21-03-2012, 09:00 PM
as a owner of a e1 gts with just over 24k on the clock i would prob do the same i just couldnt think of the car the same after that, i had a vl stolen from me back a fair few years now and after the joy ride it was dumped into the river... seriously they steal a car that pisses u off enough but then they havto destroy it even more so its useless... :mad::mad:

Rrrrrrrr8
21-03-2012, 11:30 PM
The car looked very sad. Its black leather seats all covered in finger print dust, it was just sad. The car looked like the one in the Ozzy Tyres add.
It was a waste of a good car.

PJDM1980
22-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Hopefully some good can come out of it and someone will restore it to it original glory. I'd hate to see a once pristine example parted out.

Audi
25-03-2012, 02:43 PM
While ATF isn't a good idea for a brake fluid I have nfi why it could just be flushed. Somes like the workshops was trying to make an easy quid off the insurance company. Anyway working in the owners favor I guess.