PDA

View Full Version : Water Stains

SHADO
01-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Hey guys,

Washed my car the other day and was really annoyed to find that the horizontal surfaces of my car are covered in what appear to be water stains, their like light white circles where it seems rainwater has dried.

It would of been caused by the week i drove my car to work for a week and it was left parked outside, i just dont get it people drive their cars everyday and i've never seen this before, i drive it for one week to work and this happens.
Normally only gets driven once or twice a week.

I had a quick go at using Duragloss Polish and Cleaner but didnt really do much, im really concerned the stains might be permanent.

Anyone had this before or know how to get rid of them? Just dont get how this would happen from just water...

220isenator
01-03-2012, 03:37 PM
It may actually be a chemical stain...hopefully not...are you able to post pics of the area so we can get a better idea?

SHADO
01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Ok some good news, i think...

Got home today and washed a small area on the boot wish soap and water that had 2 big water stains, let it dry then polished it with duragloss paint cleaner, its meant to be a very mild abrasive.

Buffed it off and the 2 water stains were gone! I was extremely relieved but the real test will be when i polish the entire car with this stuff. Will probly take a while but as long as it gets rid of the stains i'll be stoked.

I'll let you know how it goes as soon as this rain clears up...

blown vy gts
01-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Get a clay bar onto it that should hopefully fix the prob....

Andrew_02
19-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Hey guys,

Washed my car the other day and was really annoyed to find that the horizontal surfaces of my car are covered in what appear to be water stains, their like light white circles where it seems rainwater has dried.

It would of been caused by the week i drove my car to work for a week and it was left parked outside, i just dont get it people drive their cars everyday and i've never seen this before, i drive it for one week to work and this happens.
Normally only gets driven once or twice a week.

I had a quick go at using Duragloss Polish and Cleaner but didnt really do much, im really concerned the stains might be permanent.

Anyone had this before or know how to get rid of them? Just dont get how this would happen from just water...

Maybe someone put some Perth water on it!
Perth is great but it puts a new meaning to keep your car clean when the water does more damage than a weeks road grime.

Kam.e3
19-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, what colour is the car ??

SHADO
22-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Just out of curiosity, what colour is the car ??

The cars black, but im happy to report after giving it a good detail the other week the water stains are all gone!!

Was actually a good thing as it allowed me to give the car a full detail, this is the process i did it in: wash with dishwashing soap (to get all the existing wax off), clay bar, wash again with soap, dry, polish with duragloss pre cleaner #2, wash with soap, wax with Zaino product, finish off with spray on wax.

It was some dam hard work but after it was done i took a picture of the bonnet which happened to have the reflection of the palm tree on my front lawn on it, mates i showed couldnt believe it was a reflection off my bonnet, thought it was an actual picture of a palm tree.

Im pretty certain its the duragloss product that got rid of the water stains, super happy with the result.

go sick
22-03-2012, 11:53 AM
it is called acid rain mate have a look at your glass now not much we can do about this is there

whiteman69
22-03-2012, 12:03 PM
The cars black, but im happy to report after giving it a good detail the other week the water stains are all gone!!

Was actually a good thing as it allowed me to give the car a full detail, this is the process i did it in: wash with dishwashing soap (to get all the existing wax off), clay bar, wash again with soap, dry, polish with duragloss pre cleaner #2, wash with soap, wax with Zaino product, finish off with spray on wax.
It was some dam hard work but after it was done i took a picture of the bonnet which happened to have the reflection of the palm tree on my front lawn on it, mates i showed couldnt believe it was a reflection off my bonnet, thought it was an actual picture of a palm tree.

Im pretty certain its the duragloss product that got rid of the water stains, super happy with the result.

Show us your pics to show off all your hard work.