PDA

View Full Version : LS2 stroker kit

VEClubby307
28-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi guys

I have a 2006 VE clubsport with an LS2 and I am thinking about stroking it and getting a head and cam package to suit. I was reading about stroker kits and was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between a LS2 408 and a 427 stroker kit?
If in the future I wanted to add a vortech supercharger is it possible to do so with the naturally aspirated stroker kits?

Has anyone stroked their LS2? What kits have people used and what are you thoughts on stroking?

Cheers

MalooMan
28-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Hey mate iv gotta 07 ve Maloo ls2, doubt you can get a 427 kit without getting the block bored out, to go from 364 to 427 just from stroke sound crazy to me, pistons will be falling out of the block lol, and if your planning on going forced induction you need to build the motor that way ie lower compression, type of cam etc. Also if your gunna spend those sort of $'s i would consider topmount over vortech much more efficient from what iv learnt anyway just my 2cents

VEClubby307
09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks mate. I was talking to a mechanic at Gentech automotive in Canberra the other day and he told me the same thing. I got a quote from them to get it stroked and if I am going to spend that sort of money to stroke it, I may as well supercharge it at the same time. He recommended a top mount over the vortech too because apparently the boost curve on the vortech isn't as constant as the top mount. But thanks for your input I appreciate it :)

PJDM1980
10-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Mind if I ask what work you got quoted for and how much the estimate is?

Vade Velociter
14-03-2012, 09:34 PM
G'day mate. There are a few thing to address here. Firstly is cylinder head options, you're LS2 has Cathedral type intake ports and if you wish to get some performance heads the L92 heads are hard to do past. These are rectangular port same as LS3. If you choose these heads they will also require a new L76 manifold to suit or a supercharger :) Secondly the stroker options. If you want to remain aspirated high compression flat top pistons would be desired, if you want to use a power adder like a supercharger then lower comp inverted dome pistons would be required. With the different displacements available the easiest and most reliable is 408ci. As far as superchargers go its very hard to go past the Edelbrock E-Force kits. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/corvette/street.shtml What I'm getting at is if you stroke it, do heads or blow it, they need to be done to compliment each other..

sv6000_024
15-03-2012, 06:08 PM
hey Vade Velociter, would you know how much that kit is at all??