PDA

View Full Version : W427

Senator01
30-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Looks as if the W427 isn't as collectable or increasing in value as first thought. There are seven on Carsales atm with one going for $130k with 1100ks on the clock. The rest vary between $143k and $159k.

Still love to own one though ...

jkhsv
30-01-2012, 06:26 PM
One went for $119k over here with 11,000kms on the clock..it was white

fatass88
30-01-2012, 08:20 PM
might not be as collectable now but wait for 5-10 yrs then they should go up.remember years ago you could buy a a9x or gtho falcon for $20k now try getting one under $100K and up.they werent a collectable until they are 20yrs old or more.

sdtash
30-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Who cares what there worth in 20 yrs...Live for today...drive that sucka....Buy the time you pay 20 yrs worth of rego and insurance , the thing will cost you a packet anyhow..

Sniper
30-01-2012, 10:07 PM
It took the VK, VL and VN Group A's about 15 years to get cranking in Values . . . but who cares . . if you want one you have one . . . and cop it . . . I might register ours for 3 months a year or maybe not at all . . . Insurance is the Shannons "Laid Up" deal at $500 a year . . . and most people that bout the W's have it covered under a blanket business arrangement with the appropriate deductions!!!!

So I dont really care if it isnt going up in value at thiis time as in the end my sons will have it . . . . and it will ultimately be worth something . . . or nothing. . . I dont care . . . I wanted one . . I got one . . . and thats all that counts . . . what will be the "Special" part of the 427 in history is the "Hand Built" factor . . . maybe.

It will be valued in the end as a Supply & Demand " thing . . . the less of them for sale . . . the more they will be worth . . . and there wasnt a lot of them!!!

Time will tell . . . but I would rather have a W in the garage in 15 years time than anything else that HSV currently produce . . . as a retained value for money item!!!!

blown vy gts
30-01-2012, 10:34 PM
It took the VK, VL and VN Group A's about 15 years to get cranking in Values . . . but who cares . . if you want one you have one . . . and cop it . . . I might register ours for 3 months a year or maybe not at all . . . Insurance is the Shannons "Laid Up" deal at $500 a year . . . and most people that bout the W's have it covered under a blanket business arrangement with the appropriate deductions!!!!

So I dont really care if it isnt going up in value at thiis time as in the end my sons will have it . . . . and it will ultimately be worth something . . . or nothing. . . I dont care . . . I wanted one . . I got one . . . and thats all that counts . . . what will be the "Special" part of the 427 in history is the "Hand Built" factor . . . maybe.

It will be valued in the end as a Supply & Demand " thing . . . the less of them for sale . . . the more they will be worth . . . and there wasnt a lot of them!!!

Time will tell . . . but I would rather have a W in the garage in 15 years time than anything else that HSV currently produce . . . as a retained value for money item!!!!

Totally agree sniper nothing we buy goes up in price straight away including housing ATM. I mean have a look @ the walkinshaw I remember in the early 90's they dropped to the mid to high 20's now look @ them phase 111 gtho 5k brand new now there up to half mil. So I do believe they will definetly be worth more in future. If we all had a crystal ball it would be nice to know what car to collect lol...

hdt493
31-01-2012, 04:41 PM

maybe you should of bought two mate. :D:D:D