PDA

View Full Version : Ve wheel studs

MYR86
27-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi there i am trying to change the rear L/H wheel studs on my VE clubby as 3 have snapped, i have removed the disk brake and caliper to find the studs are still fixed. wondering if i have to undo the boot at the back of it as it looks like it might be cv set up there or something, or does the w**** axel have to come out???? Cheers for any help in this matter Russ

James88
27-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't have an answer to your question but

funny you are having a similar problem to me except one of my studs is spinning free with the nut still locked on.

This happened this morning when I was getting new tyres fitted at Tyreplus in Surrey Hills Melb and

they said it was over tightened which caused the problem and cannot get if off without doing damage to my rim,

so I booked in to holden for tomorrow morning to get it off and replaced.

A lot of stuffing around with extra costs, I was so looking forward to my new tyres after months of research, recommendations and great help from the guys on this forum on tyre choices
but I guess I'll have to wait till next week.

Hope things go well for you.

Cheers
James

MYR86
27-01-2012, 03:58 PM
sorry to hear about ur problem James i hope that holden can fix this for you and ur wheels are what u wanted when u finally get the car back, my wheel studs snapped off so the car is up on jackz i can not even get it to town for a Mech to fix it so was left with no choice but to fix myself just hope someone can let me no what the go is with it hahaha

James88
27-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Try phoning holden anf ask for a technitian maybe he can give you some advise

James88
28-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Russ
had stud drilled out and replaced today, took 1hour and $125.
How is yours going, any progress.
Cheers
James

MYR86
29-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi James,
Ouch was that for only 1 stud???? i'm still stuck up on jackz as no-one can seem to tell me how to get the stub axel off so i can get at the wheel studs. i think this tread was a waste of ppl's time and mine was a shame as i had lots and lots of ppl tell me this site would solve my problem in 5mins flat that was nearly 3days ago now hahaha

James88
29-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear that
yes one stud one hour.
Try calling holden and ask to speak to a mechanic for advice.
Cheers
James

senta
30-01-2012, 04:55 PM
hi if they drilled it out ( at holden) im picking they must have ez out it (reverse thread ) i could be wrong i had done them on an old v8 i used to own . hope thats some help oh and i looked at how to get the axle out theres a lot involved if needed