PDA

View Full Version : VE R8 Knock in the RH front somewhere

doyley01
13-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi Guys hows it going?
First time on this forum & heaps of good info
I have a 2008 manual clubsport low k's 38,000 but it has started a real ugly knock-ginding noise in the rf corner
i have had tein platforms fitted & done about 1,800k's with no problems so not 100% thats the problem
it seems to happen between 45-80k's turning a rh corner,sound bloody horrible to tell you the truth!!!
the real weird thing is when the road is quit wet it seems to make the noise bad in a straight line :-( when you hit a big puddle
just spent $500 bucks on getting the strut top bushes & bearings replaced,thought that fixed the problem because never heard the noise for a couple of days but now its back:mad::mad:
Please i hope someone can tell me what to do as i dont want to keep blowing money at it & not fix the problem

VZ2MALOOR8
13-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Sway bar links would be my guess.

On my VZ commodore I had the same sounding noise you desrcibed.
Took it to a mechanic and they said its your strut top mount bushes.
So I replaced them and still the know.
Took it to a local auto parts shop and they said sway bar links.

Changed them and problem fixed :)

What it was is one of the ball joints had crapped it self.

SHADO
13-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I had similar noise in my E1 GTS, right front making a knock/grind noise only when going over bumps, turned out to be the strut top mount bush.

Open up the bonnet and push up and down on the car to get the suspension moving a bit, might help you pin point the sound a bit better, i know when i did this i could hear the noise coming right from the strut top...

burkey
13-01-2012, 12:03 PM
+1 for the strut bush. I have a VE Clubbie also. Mine made the most horrendous noise pulling into my drive. It was fixed under warranty even though the car had been lowered.

doyley01
14-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Thanks guys for you input to my little (big) problem
I am going to price up some aftermarket swaybar d bushes to replace & hopefully that will fixed my problem
if not i not sure what to do next.
I will keep you informed to how it goes.