PDA

View Full Version : VS Eurovox radio 8490V/8491V blank screen....need help

Sarge
08-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi All,

After deciding to put the original Eurovox radio back into the VS for the original interior look, I now have the following problem.

*** Blank screen and cannot re enter the code ***

Initially the number 1 popped up in the corner, the code was entered and it did not accept it. Tried this three times and then as expected locked me out.

Not sure why it did not accept the code, maybe the wrong code was supplied with the radio......not sure.

Anyhow I have googled the issue and I have followed the Eurovox instructions.

1. Turn the ignition to the first click for an hour to reset the radio
*** did not work ***

2. Disconnect the negative battery terminal for an hour to reset the radio
*** did not work ***

3. Use the test code "1 1 1 1 1 1"
*** does not work ***

The screen is backlit when accessories or ignition is turned on, however the screen is blank.

The radio was tested before I purchased it, which was a year ago and I have finally got around to putting it in.

Has anyone had a similar thing happen?

Or anyone that knows how to fix this.

KAL SPL
09-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Test that you have power in both the orange and yellow wires before doing anything.

07GTS
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
only other way might be to find someone with a scan tool they might be able to reset and find the code otherwise holden might be able to get the code with there tec2...

Sarge
09-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Test that you have power in both the orange and yellow wires before doing anything.

Thanks will check that out asap.

Sarge
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM
The new/old school original radio and stacker is now working.

It turns out the wiring loom and connector were not that good, the previous owner had done a real hack job.

I took the car to Freeway Audio, and the audio repairer Vasil Malelis sorted it out.

Vasil used to work for Eurovox, and knows all the tips and tricks. He also stocks all the parts as well.

Freeway Audio
1299 Malvern Road
Malvern