PDA

View Full Version : opinions from HSV owners needed

hiratio
28-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi,as you can see i'm new here,have a question,it may seem silly to some who own HSV's but it's a whole new experience for me.
Ok looking at buying a VX HSV XU6 it has 124K's on the odo,now what my question is ..will this particular model ever be a collectors car(or is it already reached that category) or a car worth more as the years go on,I.E for investment purposes,it won't be locked away in the shed permanately,will be driven every now and then.Any thoughts greatly appreciated before i buy...Thanks.

macca33
28-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I honestly do not believe the XU6 will become a 'rare and collectible' as they were not overly popular models. Happy to be corrected though.

Buy it to enjoy it, not store it!

cheers

1SIKR8
28-12-2011, 09:55 PM
must agree with Macca, it's hard to gauge what will go up in value in the future but I doubt the XU6 will be the next big seller, I'd be looking for something very low KM's and was built in limited numbers ... oh and gotta keep it as original as possible

hiratio
28-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey there,thanks for the reply,I will buy to enjoy :) but i'm also thinking of the future,it's collectabilty value for when i'm gone and my kids can either continue to enjoy or cash in if there will ever be any returns on the XU6's,Hopefully i won't be turning my toes up for another 20-25 years,I did a little bit of research on them,I found that there was only 175 of them made,I had one fella tell me that they will be worth a fortune in years to come,hence my question to all you experienced HSV owners i don't want to take the word of one bloke i need some more feed back...lol..if you know what i mean..

I honestly do not believe the XU6 will become a 'rare and collectible' as they were not overly popular models. Happy to be corrected though.

Buy it to enjoy it, not store it!

cheers

hiratio
28-12-2011, 09:59 PM
To tell you the truth I had never heard of the XU6's until yesterday...

must agree with Macca, it's hard to gauge what will go up in value in the future but I doubt the XU6 will be the next big seller, I'd be looking for something very low KM's and was built in limited numbers ... oh and gotta keep it as original as possible

SV90
28-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I have a VX XU6, it is a nice car for around town. Basically a VX Clubsport with a V6 supercharged motor. I dont think they will be a highly collectable car in the future. I hope im wrong.

hiratio
28-12-2011, 10:06 PM
How do you find it power wise on the highway ? You may just be able to clarify something for me.has your VX XU6 got a build # ? as i said, i found tonight that there were only around 175 made.

I have a VX XU6, it is a nice car for around town. Basically a VX Clubsport with a V6 supercharged motor. I dont think they will be a highly collectable car in the future. I hope im wrong.

hiratio
28-12-2011, 10:15 PM
I was pretty close...there were 2 lots made for the series 1 and series II...I just found this in the archives from this site.

VX Series 1 (Sep 2000 to Sep 2001) 171 built.

VX Series 2 (Oct 2001 to Oct 2002) 117 built.

SV90
28-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Mine is a series 1 and its # 070. On the highway it suffers, but that depends I guess on how fast you want to go. Most of the speed is down low. If its a Vx you want and you can stretch the budget a bit. I would be looking for a VX Senator. There is a nice HSV green one ( best colour IMO ) with 68,000 kms on carsales at the moment for 21 k.

Pickles
29-12-2011, 07:47 PM
XU6....collector value?......FORGET IT.
If you like a 6 cyl HSV, & you like the model, and you've found a good one, with history books etc, & it's what you want....all good for you, BUT,.........if ya ever think it's ever gonna be a "Collector's Item", etc etc etc, then let me tell ya, ya hopes are going to be very very very slim.
Cheers, Pickles.

Rgmast
29-12-2011, 10:04 PM
I had one fella tell me that they will be worth a fortune in years to come

Wasnt the guy trying to sell the car :)

hiratio
29-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Cheers for that...was doing a bit more research on them today,it appears all the hsv's are listed as classics,not in the sense of age like EH's,HR's etc etc,Iv'e also noticed they have been placed in the muscle car catagory as well,not just the XU6 but all HSV's, I supose just like any car time will tell,it has what another 20 years before it can be classed as classic, ....jesus i'll be nearly old and frail by then :)
I'm not purely looking at it for an investment but was hoping that being in the HSV catagory that it may attract a reasonable price when it goes over the classic stage if my kids ever needed to get rid of it for cash,I see the market on the EH holden is fluctuating at the moment,Iv'e found restored ones starting from 9K through to 12K,although i did see a really mickey mouse one,beautiful EH sedan,immaculate....48K

XU6....collector value?......FORGET IT.
If you like a 6 cyl HSV, & you like the model, and you've found a good one, with history books etc, & it's what you want....all good for you, BUT,.........if ya ever think it's ever gonna be a "Collector's Item", etc etc etc, then let me tell ya, ya hopes are going to be very very very slim.
Cheers, Pickles.

hiratio
29-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Actually no it wasn't but i dare say he will try and tell me when i have a descent look at the weekend.

Wasnt the guy trying to sell the car :)

MR323
30-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Mate to be honest, who knows. a wise guy once told my grandfather that the HK monaro he had wouldn't be worth anything.

On the other had, the xu6 is a nice car just put an intercooler, smaller pulley, machine the supercharger housing, roller rockers and an exhaust and away you go, i had one and it goes like nuts, i wish i never sold it

hiratio
31-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah my father told me if i ever get any old holden hang on to it,more so the monaro's and the GT's and GTHO's....hence my query in regards to the XU6's,well for any HSV for that matter...I saw an immaculate EH online the other day,I think it was from NSW's....made me drool :) he was asking $48K...and the monaro's well ..they seem to be holding their prices nicely at the moment,there's one up the north of the state where i live (Tassie) he was asking around the $60K but i can't remember if it was a HK or HG...

Mate to be honest, who knows. a wise guy once told my grandfather that the HK monaro he had wouldn't be worth anything.

On the other had, the xu6 is a nice car just put an intercooler, smaller pulley, machine the supercharger housing, roller rockers and an exhaust and away you go, i had one and it goes like nuts, i wish i never sold it

senta
31-12-2011, 10:41 PM
hi im new here, i think over 120 ks is a lot for a supercharged engine /did a lot of people really like them, imo its what you want to drive around in that matters if you gonna keep it long term

hiratio
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
well had a look at the beast,fully optioned to the owners desire,leather interior electric sunroof,build # 47 and was owned by Estee Lauder Cosmetics...needs a few things done here and there,other than that goes like a shower of ...lol...yeah well,and a lick of paint it needs....just kicking back thinking about it now

MR323
01-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi mate, is it listed on carsales, i've had so many people say a car needs a respray even crash repairers say it when all it really need a compound rub and a polish, i've just finished a vz r8 where a crash repairer said the only solution was a respray. Took me 2 days to do but at the end it looks like a show car and the owner of the car was over the moon with the car he even gave me extra $$$

hiratio
01-01-2012, 07:05 PM
G'day ..no not on car sales,yeah i was thinking of the same thing as you...lol...although the front bar does need to be done though,but that's nothing....

Hi mate, is it listed on carsales, i've had so many people say a car needs a respray even crash repairers say it when all it really need a compound rub and a polish, i've just finished a vz r8 where a crash repairer said the only solution was a respray. Took me 2 days to do but at the end it looks like a show car and the owner of the car was over the moon with the car he even gave me extra $$$

Ronnie
11-01-2012, 08:09 AM

Exactly, I had a red EL XR6 which I sold last year which was badly faded. A mate of mine who is a spray painter told me that it would have to be resprayed. Three coats of Mothers on her and she was looking good again.

There was also a handful of VT XU6's. The first ones were built with the Manta body kit, then went to the full clubby body kit by series 2.

Strick
11-01-2012, 09:38 AM
What did you end up doing?

hiratio
13-01-2012, 08:02 AM
well what a debacle it has turned into...lol...I had the $$$'s tucked away,it was tied up in another investment until i sold that and the bank buggered it all up,I can't access my funds until the bank works something out or i will have to take out a loan against my current loan,the seller has tucked it away into a corner in his garage until i can sort this rubbish out...

What did you end up doing?

BRUIZR
14-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Oh no!!! ... Hope it all gets sorted out for you, especially if you have your heart set on it. Let us know how it all goes.

Goodluck.

hiratio
16-02-2012, 07:41 AM
All sorted now,now have the car in my pocession :) even though you can't beat a HSV V8,the XU6 is truly a nice looking car and grunt to go,few little nick knacks to do to it....but hey that's what I bought it for to spend a bit of time on it,nothing major to do on it....

Oh no!!! ... Hope it all gets sorted out for you, especially if you have your heart set on it. Let us know how it all goes.

Goodluck.

BRUIZR
16-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Hiratio that's absolutely sensational. Congratulations and enjoy!

hiratio
19-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks very much for that Bruizr...an absolute joy to drive. My kids love it as well :) they think it's the bees knees

Hiratio that's absolutely sensational. Congratulations and enjoy!

alby1976
20-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Good work mate.
Not a V8, but supercharged is fun to drive, and has a really nice sound to it too.