PDA

View Full Version : How to Launch auto E3 at the drags properly?

nick_182
15-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey guys,
Just recently I took my automatic E3 Clubsport up to the drags for the first time.
However, I realised when I got up there that I had no idea how to launch the car right which showed in a 14.3 second run.
Eventually I got better and put down a 13.8 but still, I think it could do better if I knew what I was doing.
This is my first auto car since my previous manual VE GTS (which ran a 13.5) so forgive me for struggling with this concept.

go sick
15-12-2011, 12:15 PM
well just put it in first move up to stage then one foot on the brake other on the gas bring the revs right up till the wheels are just about to spin then when light go's green lift brake and slam the gas then when you here the bell ringing pull back on gear stick so it moves up to 2nd and then 3rd then 4th then over

runted
15-12-2011, 05:36 PM
ditto unless there is some sort of traction control fun police device you can or should turn off, i've always dragged autos never shifted gears myself

LS3 050
15-12-2011, 07:19 PM
ditto unless there is some sort of traction control fun police device you can or should turn off, i've always dragged autos never shifted gears myself

I found leaving traction control on works better, after all, spinning the wheels ain't getting you there faster!

Sniper
15-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Do it like Eddy Does!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI6oiAsl-Ys

blown vy gts
15-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Is that what 400 looks like it's been that bloody long hopefully feb next year here in the granny state we will be racing once again lol....