PDA

View Full Version : E3 20" Pentagons tyre pressure sensors - changing wheels

Aercom
10-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi All - can anyone confirm the situation with changing from factory wheels to something else and having to change the tyre pressure sensor units?

I have 20" E3 Pentagons - changing wheels to probably a Versus Neo - and apparently I have the change sensors or replace metal ones for rubber stem units??

I am told that the stems should be replaced (if rubber) when rims changed which sounds fine - but I did not think the whole unit needed changing???

Can anyone confirm or elaborate on this - it would be great help!!

bw071
11-12-2011, 05:50 PM
i have changed my original GTS wheels and i just refit the censors into my new wheels with no problems at all !

Aercom
11-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks - the guy at my local rubber changers mentioned that they would have to be replaced- but calling two others tomorrow to check it out.... thanks for your input!!

REDHOTLS3
13-12-2011, 11:57 PM
This is what an E2 tyre pressure monitor looks like, yours should be the same I think. Changing wheels will need new stems but I don't know if you can buy the stems only because the blue part with the battery in it is held on by a screw as in the photo taken from a side view. They maybe only sold as a complete unit ??? (but you can uscrew the blue part and screw it to another identical stem ,if you could buy it .) Later when the new wheels are fitted to the vehicle you'll need to reprogramm the tyre sensors monitors.

Stezzy27
14-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Just ran into this same issue,

When I went to Holden and asked to buy some new rubber stems they said they couldnt sell them to me seperatly and that I would have to buy the entire unit at $200 bucks a pop (f*ck that). I found a bloke on ebay that will sell the rubber stems seperatly to the sensor unit for about $30 bucks for 4 of them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-HSV-WM-Holden-Tyre-Pressure-Monitor-Stems-4-/230716404178?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b7c4f1d2

REDHOTLS3
14-12-2011, 02:04 PM
^^^^^ Good pickup , just ordered these for spares , thanks.

jkhsv
14-12-2011, 02:37 PM
I got my replacement stems from Wheel King..for memory where about $19 each..worth changing them

They have the whole unit ....sensor and stem for $130..however if you change the sensor you need to get the unit reprogrammed to read the new sensor...

Aercom
18-12-2011, 03:08 PM
THanks for the info everyone!! Found a guy on eBay selling the stems for $33 for ALL FOUR!!! + postage. He buys direct from the manufacturer apparently. GMH wanted $320 for a set - wheel king I think are $30 each at the moment...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230718705034

Aercom
18-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Just ran into this same issue,

When I went to Holden and asked to buy some new rubber stems they said they couldnt sell them to me seperatly and that I would have to buy the entire unit at $200 bucks a pop (f*ck that). I found a bloke on ebay that will sell the rubber stems seperatly to the sensor unit for about $30 bucks for 4 of them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-HSV-WM-Holden-Tyre-Pressure-Monitor-Stems-4-/230716404178?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b7c4f1d2

Ordered some of these yesterday - all sounds good - should arrive Tuesday - will let you know if any dramas with them....

E2R8
04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
How did you end up going with your wheels?

Aercom
04-01-2012, 07:43 PM
How did you end up going with your wheels?

Yep - all good... bought the sensor stems from eBay for $33 for all four.. I have the "blue" type sensor with replaceable stem.

Got them fitted and all good! :):):):):)

I was without any sensors for a few days since I was waiting for them to arrive and got the wheels a few days earlier - put the sensors and new stems in - another wheel balance due to the difference now with the sensors back in - and all good!!

I cannot seee any difference between the genuine stem and the eBay $33 for all four stems.