PDA

View Full Version : Blue oval converts

richo7502000
26-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey guys,
I was just talking to a few guys at work and the topic of brand loyalty came up...squarely aimed my direction as they reckon I am too one eyed :D.
So I thought I would ask how many people on here thought "I Just liked one" so they "Just got one", and how many are just Die hard Holden thru and thru.

I dont want this to end up a Ford bashing thread, as I am sure there are some great people amongst you that have made the move...

I was just wondering:

A) how many HSV owners are die hard Holden people? (which I for one fall under this category :D) ,

and B) how many bought one because its a nice car?,

and C) out of those of you who bought it cause its a nice car, how many came over from the Ford product?.

Its just for my own curiosity that I ask...... that and Im trying to convince someone that its ok to love HSV's

LS3 050
26-11-2011, 07:20 PM
+1 for holden only here. Grew up likeing holden, only ever cars i've purchased are holdens. I would probably never buy a ford, but a nissan gtr or something like that i would buy if i could.

220isenator
26-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Holden for me too. I've always had Holdens but there's plenty of cars I would love to own. There just hasn't been a Ford that has done it for me, especially Australian Fords.

Senator01
26-11-2011, 09:21 PM
I have owned a number of both in different guises. However, I am Holden aligned as nothing Ford have interest me.

For HSV, I have followed their evolution since concepton and have WANTED one for SO long. Am in the process of finding number 3 now...

akanives
27-11-2011, 12:38 AM
holden from the day i was born,
every car i have ever owned has been commodore, calais, berlina or clubsport.

07GTS
27-11-2011, 02:15 AM
well i have always liked holdens, and always wanted a hsv, thru conveniance my first car was a fo#d but i didnt have it for 24hrs before hitting a tree:eek: but i was ok and the car was dead, and since then i have only had holdens and havnt had any of those troubles, vl, vs berlina and now the gts, i actually never thought id have the chance of owning a hsv but im so glad i do now... love it...

Pickles
27-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Well......How long d'ya wanna go back?.....Had an FC in the "Old Days"!
But seriously, we've had Holden's sinse the HDT/Brock days of the early 80's, not because they were a Holden though, because simply, if ya wanted a good V8, at some stages Ford didn't have one, & even when they did, the G.M. product was better.
So today, no real loyalty from me, we've got the Focus RS which I know is not the sort of car we're talking about here, so to sum up, if Ford/FPV produced a vehicle, that IMHO suited me better than the Holden product, I'd buy it.
Cheers, Pickles.

grange250
27-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Had a Falcon, had an early Statesman (lot of trouble), bought the Grange because I liked it and also have a Falcon ute (the torque is great).
I personally prefer the lines and balance of the FPV models to the current HSVs, the Fords appear to have a better flow to them. In particular the GTS, it appears to be "lumpy." The WK and WL have a smooth flow, the WM to me, is out of balance.
I but what I like or is more useful for the job to be done.

d488y2
27-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I fall in to Category B. I brought my GTS because it a nice car and it was love at first sight.
Other cars I was looking at before the GTS were.
BMW M3 & EVO 10.
In the end the GTS won me over with it combination of drive ability and performance. The M3 was way too many $$$$
and the EVO 10 was too small.

1SIKR8
27-11-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm category A) Holden die hard in singlet, stubbies and thongs lol

since I was 16 I only ever had a Holden ( which I paid for ) was a vt commodore ... got rid of it for another vt commodore for the soul reason it was a manual and the auto was driving me up the wall then I got the VX R8 clubby ... my first of hopefully many HSV's to be in my shed

iCat
27-11-2011, 04:49 PM
blue blood here but i hang out on this forum because i love both the big aussie 6 & 8's. i'd never buy a holden but i certainly do admire them. :)

Stewiecasserole
27-11-2011, 06:08 PM
The old man started off with Holden/Chevy.......including a '67 Camaro way back in '67. He drifted into Euro cars latter in life but I've always been Holden (unless it's a 4WD in which case I prefer Nissan)

TheRealShifter
28-11-2011, 10:33 AM
I've never really been a hard-headed-holden fanatic, but I've usually preferred the Holden's because I've always liked the look of them better. Ford really screwed up there with the AU series (except the XR6/XR8 ), though kind of redeemed themselves with the BA/BF. Having said that I owned an AU XR6 before I got my Clubby, which I did enjoy driving, though I would've preferred a VT Commodore at the time. I did have a chance to buy a manual VT but the owners were asking a bit too much I thought.
The FG's look good, but I felt a cramped on the inside when I teste drove one and the boot was just rediculously stupid.

PhanR8
28-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Holden tradgic here .Had a few over the years but I do like a few Fords as well.Some that spring to mind are the 69 mustang,34 ford,XC Cobra coupes and the GT40.

HSVGTS125
29-11-2011, 04:26 PM
i still like my Fords. First few cars I owned were Ford, I traded to my first HSV at 19 when I bough a VG Maloo. I was after an 8 but Ford didnt make a V8 ute, only an XG XR6. I test drove one and although a very nice car and Ford doing a great job bringing the '79 XD ute into the 90s it was an expensive old car with the door handles that still broke like the old ones.

I still like the EB XR8, EB GT, ED XR8 Sprint, the last of the EL XR8 with the 185kw engine and the AU 220kw XR8 as well as T series. Especially the 5.6L and Pursuit 250 ute.
The AU XR8 ute I had is still the most comfortble car for long distance travel I have ever had. Even my VT Senator, VU, VY and VZ SS dont compare.

I remember back in 2001 my friend had an AU XR8 manual sedan which was a lot more responsive than my VU SS. Was a great car

Aercom
30-11-2011, 06:50 PM
It's A all the way for me!!!.... Old man went through the Kingswoods, my first love was the dinky little headlight wipers on the VB/VC ?? SL/E Commodore... Loved everything Commodore ever since! Early days was a "Gem.. Gem.. Gemini" Only ever followed Brocky each year - he was "Polarizing" (ptp).. 20 years ago I would have said I would probably never own an HSV - now at 40ish - have done for the past 5 years... Best driving experiences EVER!
Long live Holden and HSV!!!

gerry9029
06-12-2011, 01:31 AM
I've always had holdens (except for an EA I bought for cheap as a run around) but the last few times I have bought cars I have looked at Fords as well to see if there's one that does it for me. If they made a car that I liked more than the equivalent Holden I would buy it, but they don't. I like the looks of some of the BA/BF as well as the FG but they are really let down by their interior which I find hideous. So I would say that I do have brand loyalty but it's not a blind loyalty, Holden earned it and I hope they keep on doing so.