PDA

View Full Version : Bugs...............

neil73
22-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm doing about 700km a week, mainly freeway driving..

I spend the hour or 2 washing the car on the weekend,... One day driving to work and there is bugs all over the front of the e3gts, like it's never been washed..... Wouldn't be so bad,.. But they a bitch to get off.

Any tips on keeping the bug grip low, and also getting em off easy..

please don't say a car bra,... I didn't buy a gts just to have the nicest part of the car wrapped up in a shitty mesh....

HRDHSV
22-11-2011, 11:54 PM
I use one of these lambswool wash mitts from Meguirers, they have a bug remover on the underside.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/HRDHSV/meguiars_lambswool_mitt__72592_zoom.jpg

neil73
23-11-2011, 12:02 AM
I use one of these lambswool wash mitts from Meguirers, they have a bug remover on the underside.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/HRDHSV/meguiars_lambswool_mitt__72592_zoom.jpg

Do they scratch or swirl at all.... Do u use the mitt to wash the rest of your car??

HRDHSV
23-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Lambswool is the shit, as long as you have a seperate bucket to rinse it, it shouldn't swirl, I use a seperate one for the wheels as to not get them mixed up, dont want any brake/wheel sludge on the paint.

1SIKR8
23-11-2011, 06:25 AM
to remove the bugs with the whipe of a mit, warm bicarbonated water

before you start your routine wash, mix up enough bicarbonated water to do the areas with bugs

application

just pour the water on to the bug splattered areas, let sit for 1-2 minutes then wash off with pressure cleaner, this should remove 95% of bugs and not damage the paint

VZ2MALOOR8
23-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Regularly polish the front bar and they will just wipe of with no effort at all.

white_lie
23-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I get them off with an old clay bar... But that also means you'll have to wax/seal the paint every time you wash it.

Stewiecasserole
23-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Do they scratch or swirl at all.... Do u use the mitt to wash the rest of your car??

LMFAO ROFL.....he doesn't use it to clean his car.................he just loves sheep.

But a nice polish and some good wax and I use any can of "waterless car wash" when I pull up before the buggers dry out. Spray....wipe in one direction across then spray again and rewipe with clean cloth. Keeps the barnacles off the Whale.

gts 105
24-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I also do alot of freeway/country driving so when i purchased my VE SV6 ute a couple of weeks ago i had Ozisheild install 3M clear film to the entire front end all i do now is spray plexus plastic cleaner/polish when the film is clean. Bugs just fall off with a spray of water. I will say its not a cheap product 3M at about $600- $700 for a entire front end.

X HSV X
28-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Regularly polish the front bar and they will just wipe of with no effort at all.

Bugs wipe off easy after clay barring and waxing my 06 GTS. I just check the car when I return home each time and don't let them sit long enough to take hold.

neil73
10-12-2011, 10:10 PM
So I found a Maguiers bug off spray,... Any one know if it strips the wax??

neil73
12-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Bug off spray was crap.....

Took me nearly an hour today to get all the bugs off front of car, and a shit load off rubbing...

There has to be a better way,.. Hope I haven't damaged the paint work with all that rubbing..

Keen on trying the bicarbonate water...

HSVGTS125
12-12-2011, 08:03 AM
well although you dont like them a colour coded car bra is the go. You can still see all those features you dont want hidden and protects the car on long trips or any out of town trip.
At the end of the day if you dont use one the only person really taking any notice of the front is you because your spending the hours at the pointy end wiping off the bugs