PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating sub-woofer

Project_1970
21-11-2011, 07:23 PM
I found the stock amp in my R8, in the rear left of the boot under the felt. Anyway, the sub-woofer is vibrating even on the standard setting, anyone else had this prob? I'm wondering whether the subby is knackered or it's worked it's way loose from the mounting. Common?

07GTS
21-11-2011, 07:43 PM
the rear deck itself vibrates aswell, i put deadening all thru mine a while back all on the rear deck metal and i checked the screws on the subs at the time and they were ok, i hate vibration noise so i tryed to get rid of it and i still have a little at high volume with some bass notes but it is soo much better, i think it would be hard to hurt these subs on the standard setting but not impossable, if u play something that makes the noise just try going into the back and holding down the rear deck to stop it vibrating and see if it helps if it does u know what it is or if it still vibrates see if u can locate the sound and maby check the screws after that...

SHADO
22-11-2011, 08:21 AM
I too got to the amp over the weekend and turned up the amp, i started with it on max then pulled it back to around 75%, sounds a bit better i guess but its nothing earth shattering by any means.

I originally tried tuning it by turning the bass down to negative on the head unit and max on the amp, this is generally the way i like to tune systems when the speakers dont have their own amp, in a hope to eliminate all the crappy bass from the speakers which are driven from a crappy head unit.

However it just didnt sound right and the subs were just vibrating so pulled it back to 75% on the amp, and left the bass at zero on the head unit.

1SIKR8
22-11-2011, 08:58 AM
is this the same for all subs in parcel shelf ? I got a VX r8 and the subs rattle, I'm just going through trying to find where exactly it's vibrating

what caught my eye was been able to 'tune' the amp, are you able to do this on the VX R8's or is that something only the sound systems in the new girl have ?

btw I'm a complete sound system retard hey all I know is I like my music loud lol