PDA

View Full Version : Tourer or maloo?

Kyl3
18-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi guys,

I am looking at purchasing an ls3 in the next few months... I wont be buying brand new, series doesnt really worry me... (MY09+ for ls3 ofcourse)
I do a fair amount of cycling and want to be able to take one or two bikes around with me... Would one be able to fit a bike lying down in a maloo, and be able to shut the lid? I googled my hardest trying to find the tray dimentions; to no avail. Normal bike handlebars are 640mm.

So I am unsure whether I should be looking at a tourer instead. Which then poses the problem that there are next to none manual tourers...

Also, dumb question... Is it still just the middle seat that goes down in the sedan?

Sorry for the spitballing, just kinda layin my thoughts out. In the hope someone can collate them :P

Cheers,
Kyl3

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk

akanives
18-11-2011, 12:22 PM
cant help with the maloo or manual tourer problems..
i dont know if its the same or not, but my father has an o7 sv6 and the middle seat opens only... BUT there is a wall behind the seat and you end up with less room than half the seat.
so unless your riding kids bikes i dont think its gonna work in a sedan.

mmm is it mountain bike/ roadrace bike/ bmx?
bmx would fit, if not bmx maybe you need a new hobbie? :p

Kyl3
18-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeahhhh, im a rare breed v8s and cycling... Mates think im retarded... But they drive turbos so jokes on them hahah. I used to bmx when I was younger and that would fit in the backseat of my vt :P

Bikes I ride are "urban" fat road tyres, hardtail, 9speed, upright seating. Its like if you smashed the dna of a mtb, bmx and roadbike together.

I should probably just rock up nicen sweaty at a dealer and be like "mind crackin the boot?"

220isenator
18-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I would go with the tourer if the bikes don't get too dirty. Gives you the advantage of still being able to take passengers if you need to. There are manuals out there, here's a couple that look pretty neat...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?N=1247%201282%201252%201246%204294965 530%204294964634%204294802868%201216+1622&vertical=Car&silo=Stock&eapi=2

raff
18-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I bought a wagon for this reason- to fit my Tri bikes in the back without having to pull off wheels etc. Fit two bikes in comfortably and all the other gear and still great to be able to use the backseat for rear pax when needed. Unless you need to carry soil, mulch or other bits in pieces that wouldn't go well in a wagon, the Tourer all the way IMO.

VZ2MALOOR8
19-11-2011, 12:32 AM
not sure on the height difference but i have a VZ Maloo and i cant shut my hard lid properly with a mountain bike it the back.
in sayiny that im not sure on the length of the bars tho

Kyl3
21-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Oh the blue one is new since last week! Im sure ill be able to find one!

Thanks for all your input guys, defos looks like the tourer is the way to go...

Raff, do you have to put your back seats down to fit your bikes in? Or do they fit with both 'halves' up?

raff
21-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh the blue one is new since last week! Im sure ill be able to find one!

Thanks for all your input guys, defos looks like the tourer is the way to go...

Raff, do you have to put your back seats down to fit your bikes in? Or do they fit with both 'halves' up?

I put both seats down to put two bikes in, I haven't tried keeping the half a seat up but I doubt it would fit with keeping both wheels on