PDA

View Full Version : Lens scratchs ?

X HSV X
18-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I have noticed small scratches (like swirl scratchs) over my tail light lenes. Any ideas on how to remove them?

gunsrunner
19-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Polish them out.
You can get polycarbonate polish kits, Google search.
But i would just try a very light car polish first to see if they come out.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/maintenance/4252611

X HSV X
19-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks gunsrunner i'll give the polish ago.

go sick
20-10-2011, 11:56 AM
try the clay bar mate its worth a shot

richo7502000
22-10-2011, 01:06 PM
try the clay bar mate its worth a shot

Clay bar may not get the scratches out, but would give it a crack, however meguiars makes a great plastic polish that will get it out its "Mirror glaze clear plastic polish" and comes in a little grey bottle, just use it (shaken well!) with some cheese cloth even microfibre will leave swirls too! I also have some 6000 + 9000 micrograde wet and dry that can be used with the same polish to do polycarbonate that works well too mate! we use that stuff on the Aircraft windows to polish them!

X HSV X
22-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I washed, clay barred, polished and then waxed my car last weekend it took about five hours! The car looks a million dollars. *The paint work feels like silk now unbelievable I highly recommend it!... Anyway while admiring my job I noticed the small scratches in the lenses very hard to see they look like polish swirls. I was using both cheese and micro fibre cloths ( i bought a lot and was changing them out every regularly) *I'm thinking I might of made the scratches! Are there better brands of polishing cloths to use? * I appreciate all the help I'm getting.

gunsrunner
23-10-2011, 12:07 PM
You just have to make sure the cloths are perfectly clean.
Microfibre itself wont leave scratches, it's the dirt caught in it that scratches.
I bought a Mint Microfibre cloth kit from CarCareProducts, with the Mint cleaning solution, Havn't looked back since.
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiasts_cloth_kit