PDA

View Full Version : my ve series 1 stereo

sv6000_024
14-10-2011, 08:49 AM
my series 1 clubby stereo back ground keeps changing from the normal colour to a very dull colour randomly, has any one else had this problem???

stampy
14-10-2011, 10:34 AM
What do you mean colour, I thought they were just red and grey, I'm coming from a 310 F6 which has a full colour screen.

gunsrunner
14-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Yep, mates changes all the time, or used too. Took it out and reinstalled facia properly, still does it some times.
Mine has done it twice.
I think they get bad connections(dry joints) on the circut board behind the facia, which at a guess causes a voltage drop too the display. We found that if you press gently on the bottom right corner of the facia you could make it happen or go away.
A proper repair would require a tech to resolder the bad joints.
Oh and stampy, yes they are colour, GPS and video.

sv6000_024
14-10-2011, 12:54 PM
thanks for the help, might have to pull it out next days off and have a look

sv6000_024
14-10-2011, 02:38 PM
thanks gunsrunner, worked a treat, will have to get the brother inlaw to rejoin all the wires again i think

stampy
15-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Yep, mates changes all the time, or used too. Took it out and reinstalled facia properly, still does it some times.
Mine has done it twice.
I think they get bad connections(dry joints) on the circut board behind the facia, which at a guess causes a voltage drop too the display. We found that if you press gently on the bottom right corner of the facia you could make it happen or go away.
A proper repair would require a tech to resolder the bad joints.
Oh and stampy, yes they are colour, GPS and video. Sweet Mate, I don't have GPS or Video in mine just so I'll just STFU!!

SHADO
18-10-2011, 07:10 AM
What do you mean colour, I thought they were just red and grey, I'm coming from a 310 F6 which has a full colour screen.

Mate how do you find the HSV compared to the F6? I was tossing up between my GTS and an F6 prior to purcashing the GTS, went with the GTS pretty much on looks, the F6 i think has nothing on the GTS in the looks departent.

Also in regards to the stereo console, i've had mine go funny on me a few times when using the front aux to play music from my ipod, sound goes all funny like mono, but once i pressed on the fascia just under the screen, kind of pushed on it, and it fixed itself right away....