PDA

View Full Version : buying a new R8

E3R8
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Gday guys...

just about to buy a brand new clubby R8, couple of questions....dealer reckons $2200 for bi-modal option, is it worth it or ditch it and get aftermarket? and another they wont answer, whats the go lowering the car with MRC?

big change from my current ride... 60 series landcruiser, lifted, 33's and big bull bar....perfect for running over the top of Fords! so will keep that for those special occ***ions! ;)

jkhsv
11-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Gday guys...

just about to buy a brand new clubby R8, couple of questions....dealer reckons $2200 for bi-modal option, is it worth it or ditch it and get aftermarket? and another they wont answer, whats the go lowering the car with MRC?

big change from my current ride... 60 series landcruiser, lifted, 33's and big bull bar....perfect for running over the top of Fords! so will keep that for those special occ***ions! ;)

Firstly if you want more noise from the exhaust don't bother paying for the bi modal from factory, unless you want to fit an aftermarket bimodal exhaust and run it through the EDI unit. You can buy aftermarket bimodal with it's own controller so you do not need to run it through the EDI unit.

Secondly R8's don't come with MRC !! But if they did you can replace the MRC with aftermarket coilovers no problems...

E3R8
12-10-2011, 10:43 AM
lol.... getting stuffed up looking at other models, forgot it doesnt have MRC, did have a look at a low K GTS..

HSV085
21-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I'd try and see if you can get an R8 already fitted with factory bimodal as you could prob get a better deal, as JK has said if your just after sound then stick with the factory unit but if your after performance i'd save the money & put it towards a HM/APS bimodal setup for alittle bit more. I like the fact that the factory bimodal can be controlled on the edi, but the downside is it cant be changed whereas the aftermarket you can choose whatever rev range you want to open/close.